What's new

Speaker Help (1 Viewer)

galkno3

Auditioning
Real Name
Dieter
Heya. Just a quick question before I head out, I'm setting up a home theatre system and currently am looking at speaker setups. I've been lookin' at the Wharfedale 10.1 diamond bookshelf speakers and would like to ask...can I use 4 of these as 2 rears and 2 fronts and then add a central channel for a 5.1 setup? These are the specs for the 10.1 diamond speaker (of which I was thinking of purchasing 4). As regards the centre speaker, I was looking at the diamond 10 CS. Specs here. Thanks!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Sounds like a good setup. I've never owned or even heard Wharfedale speakers but the Diamond series seems to get good reviews. The English can design some good audio equipment. It would be best if you could actually hear them first yourself but since that's often not a possibility then hopefully you can buy them from a retailer/internet site with a good return policy.
The bookshelves are a bit low on efficiency at 86 db but most bookshelves are around that. The center is 89 db. Their 6 ohm rating should work with just about any receiver. Get a good sub :) .

galkno3

Auditioning
Real Name
Dieter
Any good article I can read on about speakers and understanding speaker specifications? (Not articles on whether to choose bookshelf or wall etc).

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
From Aperion Audio's "University". Check out some of their other articles as well. Good speakers too.
http://www.aperionaudio.com/AperionU/how_speakers_work.aspx

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
That's a good write-up. But the best part was near the end, "Some specs also try to convey something about how they will sound. But to really determine how good a speaker sounds, you will need to put aside the specifications and just listen."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks