What's new

Speaker Dilemna (1 Viewer)

Brian Burnaby

Auditioning
Hello All,

I'm about to buy a pair of tower speakers. My current setup is all hand me down equipment, and I want to start building up, a few pieces at a time. Tower speakers seemed the best place to start, as I listen to a lot of music, as well as movies.

Here's the dilemna. I have settled on the two sepakers:

1) PsB Image 5T

2) Paradigm Monitor 7

They are both very similar speakers, but are sold by two differant dealers in my area (Vancouver BC). The showrooms of the dealers are vastly differant and as a result I'm having a tough time making a decision between the two speakers.

Have any of you had a chance to compare the two? Or any reason to prefer one speaker/company over the other?

Thanks,

Brian

DerekF

Stunt Coordinator
I have just researched, auditioned and shopped comparing the psb image 5t/9c and the Paradigm monitor7/cc370--and, yesterday, I came home with the psbs.

I listened to the paradigms in two different stores, and, IMHO, in both cases they just seemed a little bit "muffled" to my ears. The psbs, on the other hand, seemed to be a little bit more "dymanic" (I'm no audiophile, so excuse the jargon).

Also swaying my decision was my desire to get a center channel with some heft (both sonically and physically), and the 9C is a monster!

Finally, I went with the 1Bs for rears, since space doesn't allow for the 2B that matches a little more closely.

I've only played with them so far for a few hours, but so far I love them. They are paired with the Yamaha rx-v2200 receiver.

In both 2ch music and HT, they ROCK!...just my two cents...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks