What's new

Speaker Advice (1 Viewer)

Chris KAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Okay guys... I went to Best Buy to look and some affordable speakers.

I ended up liking the Athena AS-F2 Floor Speakers

What do you guys think of these?

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
John, you rock. I will follow your example when I am going to upgrade. Now go have one more boy and you will have your own basketball team.:)

My 2 cents:
I went in to my home theater pretty uneducated. I just read a bunch of reviews online and ended up with the Onkyo HT-S760. Circuit City sells it for about $470. At least give it a listen. For the money it really can't be beat. Since then I have auditioned some other speakers. For speakers around the same price or a little more (It is a HTiB so my guess is that the speakers are about $350.) the Onkyos were better. I never got a chance to listen to the JBL's even they were my first choice. (loooong story, but I am still married and we are all better now) Don't forget to add about $75 for decent speaker wire when you are making your comparisons. With that being said, I do plan on upgrading someday. The first thing I want in the audio department is a better sub (doesn't everybody?). It is a great value. I am very happy with it. I just did a demo of a few things for some realatives. They jumped at the THX intro and for Saurons "fart" the were left speachless.
Let us know what you end up with. I have to help a friend spend his money soon on his system.

One more thing. Buy a Radio Shack SPL meter and calibrate. Boy what a difference it makes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks