What's new

Southpark Attacks Lucas & Speilberg (1 Viewer)

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
And it's funny, as once the show became less mainstream, the better it became
That is so true, the episodes from the first seasons were good, but then a few months ago it was a little obvious it was getting better. I hope they continue to bring out even better episodes as people forget about South Park and go mainstream while we keep watching better and better episodes of South Park.

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I don't mind when directors add footage to their films that was originally not used for whatever reason. Like Apocalypse Now Redux and Superman. But it's when changes are made years later that I go crazy. Like the ET and Star Wars special editions. GRRRR.
I wish John Ford could step out of his grave and walk over to Lucas and Spielberg and slap them.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Kenny died at the end of the 5th season, it is now half way through the 6th season. It hasn't been 2 years or 2 seasons sience Kenny has been gone.
Sigh. I already corrected myself above. My point was it's been a while since Kenny has even been on the show. Unlike some of you, apparently, I haven't been marking off the days on my calendar. :rolleyes

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind when directors add footage to their films that was originally not used for whatever reason. Like Apocalypse Now Redux...
IMO, Apocalypse Now was ruined far more than Star Wars. And I'm hoping that other bearded cartoon guy in the episode previews is Coppola (some have said Ridley Scott, but I say it looks like Francis).

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
"Oh yeah Matthew, well, I did that because I can do, whatever I want. Whateva, Whateva, I do what I want."
;)
I forgot that was season 6. It's been so long since the first half of the season started I forgot it was season 6. ;)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The two creators of the show also went to film school. They made Cannibal: The Musical (which I have on DVD) as a student film and then made "The Spirit of Christmas" (AKA, the pilot for South Park) as a Christmas card for some guy.

My point is that these guys we film students, so they know what they're talking about.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
"Play Movie The Way I Want It Because I'm The Director And The Only Reason You Greasy Fan Boys Are Getting Those Other Options Is To Just Shut You All Up Already, And While We're On The Issue, No I Will Not Edit Out Jar-Jar From The Episode One, Two And Three HD-DVDs So Take Your Little Petitions Somewhere Else!"
:laugh: Oh, thank you.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I hope so. I don't like the Greedo shoots first thing either, but nothing Lucas has ever done strikes me as quite so destructive of his own art as "AN Redux". I'm not a fan of the "combined Godfather" thing either (I think it particularly ruins Part II). I understand Coppola's next target is "The Outsiders"... not one of my favorites, so maybe he can improve upon it.
But I doubt it. ;)

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like Spielberg, Lucas and Coppola to me too. I can't wait for this tonight! Of course, I can't wait for any new episode.

Just in case some of you are behind, Kenny died at the end of last season. Butters was their fourth friend for awhile, but he got fired. Now the three hang with Tweek, an extremely nervous kid we first met back in the Underwear Gnomes episode. Butters was pissed at getting fired and now has vowed to take over the world as his alter ego, Professor Chaos (but he's not very good at it). I don't know if any of this other stuff will come into play in this episode, but just in case I thought I'd let some of you know so you have an idea of what the hell's going on.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I just finished seeing the episode. It kicked ASS!!! Now, if only lucas and speilberg and every other director for that matter would just see this episode and realize we DONT want modified versions of already good films.

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I deserve a writing credit for this episode. :laugh: (Me and the others on this forum whose arguments have been posted many times and were humorously summarized tonight. :) )

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
"Kill the innocent"
"Can I get a baby"
Great stuff :)
I loved "Man...that movie must've sucked balls" hehe :)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Best Episode Ever
Oh wait, SIMPSONS DID IT! ;)
(My apologies to those who aren't regular viewers)
Despite the wonderful jabs at Lucas and Spielberg (and the terrific spoofs of Raiders and Jedi), I have to say the best part was the faux commercial for the 2002 Special Editon of South Park episode one, "Cartman Gets An Anal Probe."
"Get this special enhanced version quick, because another enhanced version will likely be coming out for 2003!"
By the way, if anyone is interested in Parker & Stone's history of mocking Hollywood (including an actual appearance by Steven Spielberg), I urge you to track down a copy of a short called "Your Studio and You." I guarantee the average HTF member will crap their pants laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks