What's new

Southpark Attacks Lucas & Speilberg (1 Viewer)

Brad M

Second Unit
First off, I'm sorry. This is not a software thread but it is too funny to pass up. For those of us who complain about Greedo shooting first and the Feds getting their guns erased, this ones for you:

Your friend and mine, George Lucas, will appear on South Park this Wednesday night, 10PM, on Comedy Central. Yes the lovable South Park boys will fight Lucas, Speilberg and others to stop hacking up their classic films for quick cash. Definitely a laugh riot and a must see episode. For more information on this and other upcoming South Park episodes, be sure to check out Southparkstudios.com.

I hope it's as good as it sounds!

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmmm. I didn't think that South Park was popular any more. Anyways, that sure does sound pretty funny.

Beau

Supporting Actor
OMFG! I can't wait for this episode!:D Seeing GL cutting film in the prview make me laugh my ass off!:D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The show still has its following, but its nowhere near as mainstream as it used to be.

I'm a huge fan of the show (seen every episode, including the 5-minute "Spirit of Christmas" pilot) so I will definitely watch this episode.

Looks like we've got somebody at "Cable TV Land" fighting the good fight against film slaughtering.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I saw the preview for this episode, i cant wait to see it!!! I guess Matt Parker and Tray Stone(are those theyre names?) also hate the way directors make their movies mess up by editing them. Cant wait for tomorrow to see it. An South Park mayb not b as popular as the Osbournes right now, but i sure as hell think South Park is way better than anything on MTV.

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Chris M

Second Unit
We were talking about this in #DVD on Efnet the other day... definately looking forward to this. I don't watch South Park, but I'll definately catch this one! :)
I was going to post this earlier, but figured Software wasn't the place to post it, but I didn't want to post it in the TV Shows forum figuring it'd get lost. Hehe
Chris.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
They also made a joke in season 5, when cartman was on a talk show talking about how bad he was.

"Oh yeah, well I digitally inserted jaba the hut back into the original star wars. whatever I do what I want."

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'm sure Matt Stone and Trey Parker know more about the films than the directors who made them.
Hey, if it's not the original version, it must be crap! I'm surprised they didn't complain about the "bastardized" studio-imposed Superman: The Movie - Extended Edition. After all, it's not like the director knows what is best for their own films. :D

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Man, you are out of touch. Kenny hasn't even been on the show for nearly two years.
Ummm, the episode entitled "Kenny Dies," in which Kenny...dies (for good) aired on December 5, 2001. Just over six months, but faaaaar from nearly two years. :)
Jimmy!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I think by two years, Malcom may have meant two seasons...since South Park pumps out multiple seasons per year.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think every single person on earth agrees that Greedo shooting first is one of the greatest errors in filmmaking history.

The rest of the changes I don't mind. I'm glad he put back in at least one of the Biggs scenes (there are 3, the first one can go back in, the second should be burned)

Beau

Supporting Actor
Kenny died at the end of the 5th season, it is now half way through the 6th season. It hasn't been 2 years or 2 seasons sience Kenny has been gone.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Lucas doesn't care about our petitions, nor should he, it's his movie. He certainly knows about our desire to have that "unfixed" for SW:SE 2.0 and for the original theatrical cuts on DVD.

All we can do is hope that he listens. I personally will not be suprised if you'll be able to buy the original versions for a limited time only for around $60 off of StarWars.com in 2005

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
Heh. I can see it now.
"Play Movie"
"Play Movie Without Greedo Shooting First But With The Jabba The Hutt Scene"
"Play Movie With Greedo Shooting First But Without The Jabba The Hutt Scene"
"Play Movie The Way I Want It Because I'm The Director And The Only Reason You Greasy Fan Boys Are Getting Those Other Options Is To Just Shut You All Up Already, And While We're On The Issue, No I Will Not Edit Out Jar-Jar From The Episode One, Two And Three HD-DVDs So Take Your Little Petitions Somewhere Else!"
I feel sorry for the poor guy designing THAT menu! :laugh:
Yes, I'm looking forward to this episode too. Er... also. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks