What's new

Songs You Messed Up The Words To (1 Viewer)

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
I always forgot what The Crash Test Dummies were saying when the song wasn't on, I always thought it was...
"She...had...stretch marks all over her body."
Another from Enigma...
female: "Sad, de moi."
monks chanting: "No problem", do-do-di-dooo.
"She want some whiskey pomade."
I made my girlfriend pissed because I changed the words to Janet Jackson in the car...
"Because of Love, I knit a sweater. Because of Love, my pussy's wetter."
We don't talk anymore.

nousername

Supporting Actor
ELO's "Evil Woman" misheard as "Medieval Woman";
Paul Anka's "Nothing Stronger Than Our Love" misheard as "I believe there's nothing stronger than Allah."

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
It was only last year that I learned that Steeley Dan's "Hey 19" contained a drug reference. I thought "...fine Columbian..." was "fine-toned ambience..."
I know, I know. I'm the world's biggest square. But, as Huey Lewis says, "...it's blip two scream 'where'."
wink.gif

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
How about "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival:
"There's a bathroom on the right."
As a little bit of trivia, this was a common mistake made by fans of the song. Upon hearing this, John Fogerty played word games with the audience and actually inserted this into his live performances. This little bit of trivia is substantiated by his performance of Bad Moon on the CD, "Premonition", a live recording of one of his performances (which by the way is the 2nd greatest live CD ever made). I've heard this myself, and he actually says "There's a bathroom on the right."
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! Get it right, damnit!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!!
My DVD Collection

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I too was sure that Kenny Loggins sang "I went to the danger zone", not "Highway to..."... until I read this thread.
Otherwise, I am so bad at remembering lyrics that I can't even remember them wrong. :)
/Mike

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dome, thanks for sharing that bit of trivia. That's a riot! I am going to have to get the Premonition disc just to hear "Bad Moon Rising". Of course, it helps that I like Fogerty as a solo artist and CCR.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Many years ago, when Beck's "Loser" came out (a song I never cared for), the local radio station had some deal where if you were caller #9 or some such thing and sang part of the song, they'd give you the CD.
Some girl called in and sang:
"Soar over Canada, I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?"
I have no idea what the first part of the song says (nor do I really care), but I'm pretty certain it isn't "Soar over Canada" ... half the city had a good laugh at that poor girl's expense.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks