What's new

someone help pleeease (1 Viewer)

asi_a

Agent
I have DishNetwork and I just bought a Denon 1705. I tried to set the Dishnet remote to control the Denon remote and was unsuccesful. Can anyone here help? My previous receiver was an Onkyo drc500 and all though it was the biggest piece of $&#% I was able to control with my Dishnet remote. Any help is greatly appreciated. Asi

DougR

Second Unit
There are some Receivers that Dish's Remotes can'tcontrol. You may want to Email Dish's Tech Dept and see if they may have a Updated Code for that Receiver?

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Hi asi_a;
I currently have this Denon receiver and I'm running it with a Dish 942 receiver. I was able to control a decent portion of the Denon's operations, though not as many as you'd hope with the Dish supplied remote.

I don't have access to the codes at the moment, but later on this evening (approx. 7:00 pm ET), I can post what steps I take to assign control for the Denon to the Dish remote.

There's a picture at 'dishnetworkproducts.com/images/dvr-remote.jpg' that will show you what remote I'm using as well, just remove the single quotes and paste into the browser URL location. Can't post URLs, not enough posts here yet.. :frowning: -TD

asi_a

Agent
Thanks for the reply. Really all I want is the volume and power control, other then that I control everything through the Dishnet remote. I'll be looking forward for your next post on how to get some of the features going. Thanks again. Asi

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
That's what I figured, but just wanted to set expectations.

In order to configure my Dish Network remote to run my Denon 1705, I performed the following steps on the Dish remote:

1. Turn both devices on (Dish STB and Denon Receiver) if not already on.
2. Press and hold the 'AUX' button on the Dish remote until all the device buttons flash, then release the 'AUX' button, it will be flashing.
3. Press '2',then enter the three digit amplifier/receiver code, then press '#'. After the code is accepted, the 'AUX' button should flash three times.

The code that worked/works for me is '759', so here are the steps I take:

1. Press and hold the 'AUX' button on the Dish remote until all the device buttons flash, then release the 'AUX' button.
2. Press 2759#

This should allow you to power on/off, control volume and cycle through the input selections. For some reason if the above code doesn't work, here are all the Denon codes for this remote:

One of these should work for you if you are using the same remote. If you have any questions, just let me know... :emoji_thumbsup: -TD

asi_a

Agent
Okay I tried all the codes you provided and none worked but I did notice that with the first two codes in the list(also the 2 codes in the owners manul) the aux button flashed 3 time after I pushed the pound button and with all the other codes it did not. This remote used to control my previous receiver(onkyo drc-500), can that have anything to do with it? maybe I need to erase the code that's stored in there? Thanks

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, by running through this process, you should overwrite any existing codes and set the AUX to control the receiver with the newly entered code which should be specific to this manufacturer's device.

Do you have the same remote as I pointed out earlier?

John_RO

Stunt Coordinator
With my Yamaha, I am only able to control the volume. So enter the codes one by one and try the volume control. Satellite and cable remotes don't usually offer great support for recievers.

asi_a

Agent
I tried email and calling and all they could say is that they are sorry but there is nothing they can do for me as the remote may not control every component. So far I am using two remotes until I figure out what I want to do. My only option at this point is to get another remote which is capable of controllig multiple devices. If you have any other ideas I would gladly consider. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks