What's new
World Wide Stereo

Some suggestions from you gurus please (1 Viewer)

canadian8er

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Good day all,

First of all I am quite green with home theatre stuff so please be patient. My house has been wired up with CAT 5 and speaker wire for 4 zones : upper deck, lower deck, living room and master bathroom. I have purchased a Denon 1709 amp so I can run a simple system in my living room (theatre room to be done once the basement is developed) as well as all the other speakers that I mentioned above. I have also puchased Acoustic Research ARDVC1volume controllers for the 4 panels.

So here's where I am lost. At the wall junction where all the CAT 5 wires come out for the 'satellite' speakers meantioned above, what do I need to make it all work? I tried searching (ad nausiam) for what I would need and the best I can discern is that i need some sort of hub. So could someone here please suggest a make and model of an appropriate piece of equipment that I need to make the system come together? Plan is to use the second zone output from the amp to run the 4 zones mentioned above.

Thanks so much!

Rob

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've never done a multi-zone system so I can't give you diagrams and other stuff. But for parts you should look at Parts Express and Smart Home. The type of volume controls, speakers, etc you get will determine the type of speaker selector/hub/resistance matching device thing that you will need.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jw_Malibu
Recent bookmarks