What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Some Brief Notes by Brad About: Carousel (1956) on Blu-ray. (2 Viewers)

edelweissflower

Supporter
Real Name
STEPHEN COWLEY
I saw the Encores PIPE DREAM, and was impressed that the Rodgers and Hammerstein license owners gave Leslie Uggams a second chance after her disastrous performance of their "June Is Bustin' Out All Over" from (yes, this is on-topic) CAROUSEL.

Yes Lesley Uggams was brilliant I thought in the Encores recording of 'Pipe Dream' far more in line with the character of Fauna than Helen Traubel high line recording in the original cast recording. Not that I dont like Helen Traubel

edelweissflower

Supporter
Real Name
STEPHEN COWLEY
I saw the Encores PIPE DREAM, and was impressed that the Rodgers and Hammerstein license owners gave Leslie Uggams a second chance after her disastrous performance of their "June Is Bustin' Out All Over" from (yes, this is on-topic) CAROUSEL.

Yes I do and thought Lesley Uggams brilliant in the role of Fauna more realistic as the warm hearted madame of the whorehouse.

Denham

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Just wanted to say I hope Brad is doing all right. I see he hasn't posted in almost two years.
We shared a lot of common interest in the B moves of a certain era. A short time span which doesn't get near the affection and attention that the era starting just a few years later does.

Seems like once they released Skatetown USA, the passion here died for hiim.

If he happens to be lurking- cheers, buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks