What's new

Smallville - 3/19/02 (1 Viewer)

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
That's what I call a short but sweet review/synopsis.

Don't think it's a repeat... would have remembered that scene.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
OMG, I'm still discombobulated! I have got to save that snippet of Lana and the pool video and preserve it for posterity. :)
Homina! Homina! Homina!
This was definitely a new episode. Whew, still recovering.
Was it just me, or did Lana have extra long eyelashes in this episode?
Nice tip of the hat to the passing of Merle Haggard in the opening sequence with "Bo Duke" at the wheel of the "General" with the theme of The Dukes of Hazzard.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Hate to break it to you (and I was disappointed myself), but that was a body double during the poolside scenes.

Oh, and the ep was okay. Loved the tune Pa Kent was listening to in the beginning of the ep!

Hanson

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Aside from carefully reviewing that scene to determine which shots had Kristen and which ones could have been a body double....

I wonder how many people have not seen the classic Star Trek episode with the funky flowers that shoot spores that make you happy?

Clark's line about not being able to save his father despite all his powers reminded me of the same line in the movie, which brings up the question: will they actually kill off Pa Kent while Clark is still a teenager? Is that what happens in the comics (in the most current retelling)?

//Ken

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But there were plenty of non-body shots of Lana's butt. :) I knew the side profile shot of her boobs were boobie-doubled, but I didn't care! :)
That outfit of Lana's was smoking hot!
So no one noticed the extra long lashes? Did y'all's eyes not make it up to her eyes? :)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
will they actually kill off Pa Kent while Clark is still a teenager? Is that what happens in the comics (in the most current retelling)?
Nope. Ma and Pa Kent are alive and well in Smallville, although they've recently semi-retired from the farm and opened up an old-fashioned drugstore.

Pretty good episode (but aren't most of them?).

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
Missed the episode, but you're probably talking about Waylon Jennings. He was the balladeer of the Dukes of Hazard, and he recently passed away.

Now if only we could get Lana in some Daisy Dukes. *sigh*

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Lana has eyes? ;)
Also, I didn't notice any untollerable head bobs from our LL lovely.
I thought it was a really fun episode. But I don't understand why Pete made such a quick change after exposure to the flower. Everybody else just sneezed for a little while before going berzerk. Maybe the flowers in the lab were extra potent. Although, it was fun to see another side to mild Pete. Come to think of it, it was fun to see another side to Pa Kent and Lana too. Especially Lana. :D

DonWinzen

Stunt Coordinator
Bill, I think the directors must be reading the "Home Theater Forum" and told Kristin to cool it with the "bobblehead Lana" routine ;)
And, if you have seen my past comments, Lana pulled way ahead of Chloe for a change as the most, ummmmm, attractive female in the series. At my age, I am beginning to become a dirty old man.
Excellent ep though.
(I did notice both the tribute to the Dukes of Hazzard song and the spraying flower homage to Star Trek).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Leo, good catch on the Waylon Jennings reference. I totally mis-remembered who sang that song.

What was really good about this episode was that every key character in the show was put to good use. Seeing Pa Kent as a horny rambunctious duke was hilarious. Ma Kent's reactions were priceless. Pete scared me a lot, he was totally set on shooting people to death.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
every key character in the show was put to good use.
Except for Whitney. A character that they writers still have very little idea of what to do with. They gave him one episode to shine, but other than that have forgoten him.

Something they need to work on is Lana's and Whitney's relationship. I've never gotten a real sense of why those two are together aside from the cheerleader must date football star cliche. And all that does is weaken Lana making her a tad shallow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks