What's new

Directors Smallest Crowd you saw at a movie theater. (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Rob, I agree and I would have asked for a refund but the last time I asked for one at that theatre (Super Troopers), they turned me down.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Return of the Jedi - Me and one other person.

Star Trek V - Same thing, just one other person.

Fantasia 2000 - Me, my wife and her friend and that was it.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Myself, my then girlfriend and maybe 2 or 3 other people in the theater for Finding Nemo, on a Friday night June 20 (it was my dates birthday that's how I remember the exact date) myself, my good friend and his girlfriend now fiance got to watch Monsters Inc. by ourselves, it was a Thursday night, and around the time that Harry Potter was in the theater.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Intolerable Cruelty - Opening week, late afternoon, by myself

Kill Bill - Second week, straight after Intolerable Cruelty, by myself. Must have been a slow day at the theatre.

william-scooter

Stunt Coordinator
Crimes and Misdemeanors... Me and my wife and an older couple across the way. After the movie we met in the lobby and talked about how wonderful the movie was. It was really kind of neat to have a 5 to 10 minute discussion with the rest of the audience... sort of straight out of a woody allen movie.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - at the UC7 plaza a little bit before it closed down. Just me and my 2 roomates. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we were the only ones in the whole theater.
Punch Drunk Love - weekday 4:00 pm-ish showing, all by myself.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
When I worked at a GCC cinema in Shreveport in the 70s, I often worked the closing shift on weeknights. There were several times we had only 1 or 2 people in the house for the final evening showings. If no one had showed up (happened a few times) by the time the box office closed at 10, we shut that screen down. Our projectionist always prayed for this to happen on Thursdays when a film was leaving because it allowed him to get an early start on packing up the film to ship out the next morning.

A couple of nights when we had no one watching a particular film we actually had people walk up just as the cashier was closing out and I was at the front door ready to lock it. Of course, they wanted to see the film in the otherwise empty house.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Believe it or not, I was the only one in the theater for City of God when it was re-released here. Of course, going to the theater in the middle of the week and day kind of helps.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Behind Enemy Lines - It had already been out for a while, and it was the last showing of the night at a theater that wasn't very popular. I was the only one there for a bit, but two couples (not with each other) came in after the opening credits started.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
When we took my then two-year-old daughter to see "Piglet's Big Movie" last year, we were the only three people in the theater.

RyanWard

Auditioning
Back when I lived in Belgium, I attended a screening of *ahem* Charlie's Angels with my sister and we were the only people in the theatre. Hasn't happened since I moved back, however.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
The Exorcist Reissue

Saw it at a weekday 11 am matinee at Mann's Chinese. There were two other people in the theater.

(For those who have never been to Mann's, it seats around 2200 people).

Considering Mann's is reported to be haunted, and I was for all intents and purposes ALONE IN A GIANT ROOM, and I was watching the exorist, I was freaked OUT!

John_Kiger

Agent
007, Tomorrow Never Dies. I was the only one in there. Wifey had girlfriends over for company, and I was on my own for Dinner (you don't wanna know) and a Movie. I was on medication for hypertension, which tended to make me black out when coughing, etc. When Bond returned the car to Hertz by driving it out of a second story parking ramp just across the street, I temporarily lost consciousness and nearly croaked, while laughing.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
there were 2 of us who saw kill bill vol 1 at flagship cinemas in wareham. the week that it was popular too...last wednesday, we were with 2 other people seeing dawn of the dead at the same theater. i dont see how this theater can stay open and only admit a few people here and there while a movie is popular.

CJ

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
There are a bunch of ones here (and I've done that, once or twice), but can anyone come up with a zero - where you watched the movie from the projection booth with an empty theater? :)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
There are a bunch of ones here (and I've done that, once or twice), but can anyone come up with a zero - where you watched the movie from the projection booth with an empty theater?
I always wondered what happens when nobody shows up - do they not run the movie? It would seem to be a waste of power to screen a movie for an empty theater.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I worked as a projectionist for about 10 years; I'd always start the shows exactly on time no matter what since usually somebody would show up during the trailers. If it was the last show of the night and it was the last movie to end, I'd stop it after the trailers if nobody showed up and get it re-threaded for the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks