Sirius payment plans

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Rob_BG, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Rob_BG

Rob_BG Auditioning

New to the forum and need some opinions. I'm getting Sirius next month and I noticed they have the 'pay $500 and never receive another bill again' offer. Its tempting but also risky. I'm mainly getting Sirius b/c it offers the NFL and SEC football games. Has anyone done the $500 dollar plan?

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Rob,

If you are getting Sirius for sports, I won't
    argue your decision for paying that kind of $$$.

If you are getting Sirius for music I urge you to
    sample the service for a few days before giving them
    any money.

3. Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson Cinematographer

Al
    Rob, I was tempted by the $500 lifetime plan too. I wound up not going with it. But later I *heard* that lifetime means lifetime of your receiver. I have never confirmed this; but it would be worth asking about before you commit.

4. Rob_BG

Rob_BG Auditioning

I did a little more research and you're right. It's for the life of the receiver not my account, ends up its a terrible deal. what's that they say about 'if it sounds too good to be true . . . ?

Oh well worth a shot.

5. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

The year plan works out pretty well (IMHO). It's what I've went with and enjoy greatly [​IMG]

6. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

I opted for the $500 plan. I figure that it's three and a half years of service before I hit the break even point. If my tuner doesn't last at least that long then I'll be rather surprised.

Also, the price for subscribing a second (or third or fourth) receiver is $6.99, so if I did have to buy and subscribe a new receiver I could pay that reduced price instead of the full $12.99 since Sirius would still consider the original tuner to be fully subscribed. That's $6 per month saved because of the lifetime subscription over just retiring one receiver and starting a new one with a single subscription.

Brad