FREE Sirius Portable Units

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Jeffrey D Smith, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Jeffrey D Smith

Jeffrey D Smith Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]

Came across this deal several days ago; I'm surprised no one posted anything about it. I know XM does similar deals too, if I come across one of those I'll post it here too.

The deal is all over the interent and ledgit. I've had Sirius radio now for about 2 months and love it! (Speed Channel :thumbup: ) (Ok, it's not really free... you have to activate, read below.) You get one unit and one docking kit.

2. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    Man, if I could only afford a subscription, I would SO get that Kenwood! I listen online all the time though.

3. Jeffrey D Smith

4. Howard Knox

Howard Knox Auditioning

Saw this same thing over at DBS Forms last week. Called last Friday to participate in the promotion. Was told it would ship on Monday and be here on Wednesday. Called Wednesday and got a shipping number for FedEx. Traced it on the Internet and was scheduled for delivery by 4:35 that day. Sure enough, at 4:15 it was here. I immediately ordered another car docking kit from BestBuy (on sale this week for $29.99 instead of $69.99) for delivery next week. We have two cars (one leased) so can swap back & forth without disconnecting any wires. Will have to find out how much it will cost to have the antenna installed - rest is easy - just plug & play.

Had used this system two weeks ago when we were on a 2-week vacation out West. It was terrific - no ads and very little from DJs. Reception was excellent in the mountains for the 2-weeks.

This offer is amazing. I'm 78 years old and have never received anything for free - especially something I really wanted (have received a lot of things I DIDN'T WAMT for free!!). Anyway, I thank the sponsor of this promotion (John McMullen)and know we will enjoy the music we want to listen to on the road for many years to come.

Howard Knox

5. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Thanks Jeff! Just 'ordered' the Audiovox tuner. They didn't say anything about it being on backorder. Here's hoping I get it soon! I've been waiting for a deal like this to come around.

Talk about saving some money!!!

6. Jeffrey D Smith

The Audiovox units are supposed to be shipping this week Wed. So lets home for fast delivery. [​IMG]

7. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

Theyre out of Audiovox units...

can only get the Kenwood now.

8. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard
    Just ordered the Here2Anywhere. They asked me if I wanted Kenwood or Audiovox, so they are still accepting orders for the SRS. It will probably take longer to recieve the SRS if you go that route though, since they are still backordered. I got the Home Kit. I'll have to order the Car Kit through Best Buy later.

9. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Received everything yesterday. My headunit has an MP3 auxillary input on the faceplate which accepts a 1/8" plug connector so I have to get a 1/8" double ended cable to get a much better sound. The FM frequency modulator doesn't come in too well.

But all in all, awesome!

10. Jeffrey D Smith

2 days left for this deal.

11. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard
    The deal has been extended until 10/03/03! For those of you who are on the fence about this.