What's new

Silver to Black (1 Viewer)

SeanA

Second Unit
I just purchased a Sony KV-34XBR800 widescreen. My only real reservation was the SILVER color. I hate it... but it seems most good widescreen tube sets are now done in silver, and you have little choice. I am thinking of taking some black paint to it, at least to the front frame of the set. Has anyone done anything like this, or are there any other less drastic measures to mask over the silver with a matte black finish ???

I just think the TV's picture should stand out, not the plastic surround. Silver also doesn't look so good when all other components are black and the entertainment center is natural wood. It might look O.K. with a modern glass and metal entertainment center, but for the most part I really don't like that look.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I feel your pain. I felt the same way after going from a older 32" Sony XBR dark gray in color to a Sony 36XBR400 in silver. It was very distracting at first and I hated it. But I'm use to it now and don't notice it anymore. Sorta like the bars on widescreen DVDs. ;)

SeanA

Second Unit
Reginald,

Doesn't the 36" Sony at least have a darker border directly around the picture with Silver to the outside ???

The Sony 34" widescreen is entirely Silver. I really think I will have to do something with it. I am hoping to find something like a removable black tape that I can trim to fit.

Thanks for your support/sympathy !!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks