What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
In 1966, French New Wave savant François Truffaut met the legendary director Alfred Hitchcock in what became an equally legendary interview between two master silver screen craftsmen. That year would also bring a longtime Hitchcock collaborator into Truffaut’s working world: legendary composer Bernard Herrmann. The union would produce two collaborations – the first being the film adaptation of Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451 and the second being a homage to Hitchcock, The Bride Wore Black. Originally released on DVD by MGM and on Blu-ray by Twilight Time (HTF’s Matt Hough reviewed that release here), Kino has brought the film back into print with this latest Blu-ray release.

The Bride Wore Black (1968)

Released: 25 Jun 1968
Rated: Unrated
Runtime: 107 min

Director: François Truffaut...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Good film by Truffaut and a great score by Bernard Herrmann. Website Caps-A-Colic has a comparison to the Kino & Twilight Time disc releases and the recent Radiance Films UK Blu-ray and all three look almost the same.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Thanks for the review. This is a good but not great film and one I've not got around to buying on disc (I may buy the new Radiance blu ray). Although often compared to Hitch, stylistically it's nowhere near the Master's work, it's actually rather suburban for me (may be due to style changes from the mid 60s).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks