What's new

Shows You're Disapppinted That Weren't Released This Year (1 Viewer)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
final season of The Untouchables final season of Vegas (give us the greatest Michael Mann creation) Sgt Bilko Season 2

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I had higher hopes for Warner Archives to be putting shows out at a much faster pace. Especially long running series like The FBI and Medical Center. I don't think I'll live long enough to see them fully released. They've also been promising The Lieutenant for more than 2 years now and still no sign of it. I had also heard they were doing Please Don't Eat the Daisies but that was a couple of years ago as well. But, at least they are doing something, although slow as can be, but that's more that you can say for Sony, Universal and Fox. BTW, to whoever mentioned BJ and the Bear, forget it. Loaded, and I mean loaded with music issues.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
2012 I expect to be a bigger and better year for Warner regarding Archive titles. This year was pretty much a getting their feet wet kind of year and I think we can expect to see the pace quicken a bit next year. It would be nice if there were advance announcements for these titles instead of one-day notice but since they earned my goodwill with S1 of The FBI and also Girl From UNCLE and the MFU movie collection, I'll be giving them more leeway.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
PEYTON PLACE PEYTON PLACE PEYTON PLACE!!!! I would also like to see the original Battlestar Galactica in Blu-ray.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Neil Brock said:
BTW, to whoever mentioned BJ and the Bear, forget it. Loaded, and I mean loaded with music issues.
I'd much rather have both seasons of (The Misadventures of Sheriff) Lobo myself (and hopefully, not as much music there. It did at least make reruns on RTV for awhile, I think).

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I was mainly disappointed with Paramount slowing down their pace in classic releases this year, better luck next year there, the other majors like Columbia have lost interest but we have a lifeline in Shout. Warner still have plenty of shows I'd like to see them get to, and since some of those were smaller hit titles like The Mississippi, they'll hopefully find a safe haven via the archive avenue. Available sooner rather than later.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I too was disappointed by the slower pace from CBS/P, especially Cannon and Barnaby Jones. But with the release of Father Dowling, maybe anything could happen in 2012. I was also disappointed that Simon/Simon seems to have run aground on the island of misfit music rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks