What's new

She said yes (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This past Saturday morning, I proposed to my girlfriend. She said yes, amid big smiles.

It was a good Valentine's Day Weekend, even for me who thinks the holiday is just Hallmark advertising ;)

And I my last minute diamond choice gave me a beautiful, unique diamond that busted my budget, but looks great on her. See the end of the diamond thread for some of my diamond hunting challenges.

Now, to get married, honeymoon, and move her out here. It's going to be a wild 4 months. :D

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
He still probably thinks it was his idea to get married. :laugh:On a serious note not really necessary for the Average Joe for what you bring into a marriage remains 100% yours unless of course you freely give it away. It's only future earnings that pre-nups really try to safe guard.

I would advise a detailed inventory of everything you own that way if the worst happens you have a list of what was yours and what was hers. I know that is not romantic but it is practical.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Congrats Dave and good luck to you!

I've always wondered when I would read a 1st hand account of the opposite. Does it ever happen?

--
H

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations on your Engagement. As a recently surrendered myself, I'll tell you to get prepared and strap in for your Fiancee's "Wedding Fever" I think barely 24 hours went by before my Fiancee and my mother started making plans (the night I proposed I requested a moratorium on her calling anyone until the next day. We were away for the weekend and I didn't want to be on the phone all night). Our Wedding is not until Spring of 2007 and she is being relentless in planning everyting and making sure everything is finalized yesterday. I guess it's good to get this stuff squared away, but it can be irritating when you come home and just want to relax.

Not to go too much off topic, but I really do think it should be mandatory to have one before getting married and update it every 5 years or so during the marriage. You always hear about wealthy people getting them, but I think it the average Joes are the ones who need them the most. Not very romantic, but I think would really save a lot of trouble if the worst happens and there is a legal agreement already in place (especially when the agreement was made under amicable terms at the time.)

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
Forget the Pre-Nup.....UPGRADE :D

Go directly to your closest home theater dealer and max out all your credit cards. This is your last chance!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks all for your "encouragement" :)

Because of our upside down relationship, she had chosen a date and started work on invitations before we were engage :) And with only 4 1/2 months to plan, she's already stressing over location.

I told her we could git 'r done this week, but she wasn't interested ;)

Colton

Supporting Actor
Welcome to the club, Dave! Gotta say this, but the first year is tough. Lots of things to get used to and share space with someone else doesn't happen overnight. It's all good though! I've been married for five years and time goes by so fast! Always remember that communication is the number one priority in any marriage ... and the three little words: "I was wrong."

- Colton

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Ah, the first of the three rings of marriage: the engagement ring, the wedding ring.... and the suffering. Congrats! :D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
One night in the middle of the night a woman awakens to see her husband crying while looking at a calendar.
"What's the matter? The woman asked.
The husband replies "Remember the time when we first started dating and your father caught us doing it when you were still only 16?"
"Yes" the wife replies
"Remember how he told me that either I was going to marry you or spend the next 20 years in prison" the man cries in response
"Yes" the woman replies "but why are you crying?"
"I would have been a free man today" replies the husband.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Good luck and hope it works out otherwise you'll be back here posting, "She said 1/2" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks