What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

SETI@home Part 3 (Take 2) (1 Viewer)

Peter Yee

Premium
Hey, Chris,
Where's your update in big bright letters telling the world that we are #133? Looks like we moved up a slot recently! And it looks like Purdue is behind us by about 2000 WUs.
-Peter

Chris White

Second Unit
Thanks for the message Peter. I noticed yesterday that we were closing in on U. Michigan, but I just haven't had the chance to check yet today.
Ranking Update!
All Seti Teams #133

Hey Wayne - I notice you've really increased your Seti performance lately. A couple of weeks ago you were 700 units behind me and now you're less than 600 back! Did you discover a few extra slaves?
------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
No, I haven't added any slaves since before I passed Mike Serrano and Mister Gin. It looks like I'm gaining about 25 units per day to close the gap.

Robert Elrod

Agent
Well I cleared 900 units, I don't think that is too bad. I am only using my Home and Work computer to process. Has there ever been a membership drive on the HTF?? They were going to include it in a newsletter, but I haven't heard anything about that in months.
Robert

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
augh, I know long time no post. :) I have to make a new account. I guess it deletes out the e-mail address after a certern time.
frown.gif
So I guess I have to start over from scrach. This stinks. Ohh well. all for the cause. :)
------------------
Jeff Blair
OK, I need a new sig. :)
My DVD's

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
I received an email from Ron Eastman suggesting that I email all members of the SETI-HTF team as a way to (hopefully) generate interest from those who are no longer processing work units. I would like to do this, but I don't want to spend hours entering 160+ email addresses into Outlook (I'm not the world's fastest typist.) I have downloaded the list into an Excel spreadsheet and I'm trying to figure out how to add all of these email addresses into one big list. Any suggestions???

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Paste the list as text into Word, then Replace '^p' (paragraph break) with '; ' (semicolon and space) to create a semicolon-delimited list. Then Paste that into Outlook.
I had an extended connectivity outage over the weekend... thank goodness for SetiQueue which kept my clients stocked with units!
[Edited last by Wayne Bundrick on July 16, 2001 at 09:26 PM]

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Time to revive...
and I just sent in Unit 3000....!!! Woohoo!!!
Time for an adult beverage - when I come back from work.
Mike

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I'm putting on my stealth moccasins to sneak past Dr. White at #8. It should happen sometime today.
------------------
--Wayne Bundrick

Chris White

Second Unit
Are you sure you're ready for the pressure and responsibility that goes with being #8? It's not all prestige and glory you know! :)
Unfortunately Wayne, your productivity has taken a big upswing just as mine is tanking. Our tech center just installed Windows 2000 on three of my slaves located in a grad student office and now the Seti program only runs when there is a grad student actually using the machine. Bummer.
------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Need some more help Wayne! I've created the list, but how do I paste the entire list into Outlook without having to create a separate entry for each address???

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Dennis - If you've got the list in word and each email address is on a separate line, highlight the space between email addresses and copy. Then go to Edit and select Find. Paste into the Find field and put a semicolon into the Replace field and choose to "Find and Replace". Then just highlight and copy that list and paste it into the address area of Outlook. Should work like a charm. If not, paste the list into an email (I don't have Word at home) and send it to me. I'll put colon separators in it and mail it back to you. :)
By the way, 4 more units and I hit 50! (I'm a really small time user running the screensaver on one PC at home.)
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Chris White

Second Unit
Congrats Wayne. Download that lovely certificate and enjoy!
Ranking Update!
All Seti Teams #131

------------------
icon.gif

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Congratulations, Wayne.
Unfortunately, I'll be slipping in the ranks since I've lost my slaves (uprooted lab). I'm down to a measly one or two Work Units a day from my home machine.
It's been fun, though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomkzufomsg
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale