What's new

International Sergio Leone Blu-ray thread (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Once Upon Time In The West had a showing on French television a few weeks ago in a gorgeous HD print with the best colour I’ve seen, far superior to the Blu Ray release we currently have available.

I wonder if it sourced from the new kino release??

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
I wonder if it sourced from the new kino release??
I read the so called "new" release is the same as the last one so maybe French tv got theirs from another source. Certainly better from the colour pov and of course it was the full length French release. Saw it in October in a cinema in Toulouse, great to see again on a huge screen, and the print was the same as the Blu Ray, so in many ways the tv broadcast was a revelation!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I read the so called "new" release is the same as the last one so maybe French tv got theirs from another source. Certainly better from the colour pov and of course it was the full length French release. Saw it in October in a cinema in Toulouse, great to see again on a huge screen, and the print was the same as the Blu Ray, so in many ways the tv broadcast was a revelation!

was it confirmed in the kino thread that these are the same transfers?

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Damn, I usually tape OUATITW on TV but missed this last one.

Was this the old french print without Harmonica waking up on the platform?

I doubt the Kino will be anything else than the regular Blu-ray master or masters.

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Damn, I usually tape OUATITW on TV but missed this last one.

Was this the old french print without Harmonica waking up on the platform?

I doubt the Kino will be anything else than the regular Blu-ray master or masters.

No it was the full length release I first saw in Fance in 1974, most complete I've ever seen, Harmonica waking up and all.

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
But... Harmonica didn't wake up on the platform in any french dubbed release. It was only on one of the USA recuts/rerelease until they inserted it in the DVDs.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I recently did a post on a deleted/unused scene from For A Few Dollars more . (most of this is not available on any blu ray). Some of the stills have been around for years, but there are many new ones here.

http://theeditroomfloor.blogspot.com/2020/03/a-lost-scene-from-for-few-dollars-more.html

Great detective work, thanks! Scenes with women in them were obviously not deemed essential in the Dollar movies. It would have been fun to have that scene as an extra.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I would like to ask a question of members. I own the MGM/Fox DUCK YOU SUCKER disk. I understand the Kino FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE is based on the same master. Also, the extras in general appear to be the same. Is there any reason for me to buy the Kino?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Anyone know anything about the iTunes versions?

I just bought the set which includes hang em high as well.

it looks like they are the same mgm ones as they have all of the extras too.
hang em high doesn’t have any extras btw.

min still hoping 4k releases of all of the films happened in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks