What's new

Saturday Night Live - 31st Season (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
March 4 - Natalie Portman/Fall Out Boy

also, in the sketch in Lorne's office, on his board it said Matt Dillon for March 11.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I never watch SNL anymore, quit years ago, but I just had to make an exception for Natalie. :b

I also loved her SW answers, I could just hear millions of SW fans running to their PC's screaming "She answered it!!" :laugh:

Show stopping bit, though, was The Digital Minute, I was getting seriously turned on by how hard core Natalie could be LOL. :)

Let's all just drop to our knees and thank the heavens that she grew her hair back, even if it is short.

Carl_G

Stunt Coordinator
Weekend update was really off its game, bad pacing.

Jamba was stock SNL filler.

Babies with wigs - eh, amusing.

Melted ice cream, hair chair, magnified face, greofk, etc - pretty damn funny!

Yet another Bush intro that just parodies the week - yawn.

Token black thing - painful, especially after the embarassing fub on lines when he started.

Yep, it's like watching a beloved relative slowly fade away in a nursing home.

At least they didn't rerun the Taco skit yet again. No, that honor is now going to the smoke detector skit.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Parnell in the monologue was just too creepy.

Sandburg was channeling a little Adam Sandler during the Portman rap.

And noticing the Portman rap, the Lazy Sunday rap and some of the spoofs of it "Lazy Monday". Who would have thought rap would be taken over by white jews. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Blame it on the Beastie Boys. :)

I was impressed with Natalie really going for it. I can recall other actresses doing the same, but even in the bad sketches she somehow remained untouched. Maybe I was distracted by seeing her in HD?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
She did a great job; not the best material but very enthusiastic and pretty funny.

I know! She's the last celebrity I'd expect to do that and I guess the shock did something for me. ;)

Lee Ford

Agent

What made it even funnier for me was that he was on Conan recently talking about how he always seems to play perverts on SNL. Let's be honest, though: a lot of us had a crush on her in The Professional. Of course, I was 12 when I saw it, so it didn't feel as creepy...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
You have to wonder if the skit by Keenen was a swipe at the writers, producers or the audience?

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Funniest moments:

- Natalie's monologue answering the questions.
- The Jamba Juice skit (ok, I liked it, especially when they all almost lost it and started laughing). At this point it looked like it was shaping up to be one of the best SNLs in a long time.
- The Digital Short - good, but didn't top Lazy Sunday.

The rest - ho hum.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
The rap was good but I hope they aren't going to be dipping into the well too much for those raps. I wonder if there is an unedited version floating around.

Fall Out Boy sounded like crapola on that first song. The sound mix sounded bad and they were trying too hard to rock out. The second song was a much better performance.

Man, those dudes are short little guys aren't they? I remember seeing the commercial promos during the week and noticing that Natalie was taller than some of them.:D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
SNL has, or at least used to have, a bad habit of taking something that worked the first time and replicating it too much and thus rendered it boring.

I remember when Jim Carrey did the very first 'Night at the Roxbury' sketch which was hysterically funny but then they did it again with other hosts and they pretty much sucked.

On the other hand, no one else could ever move their head and neck quite like Jim Carrey did. :laugh:

PerryD

Supporting Actor
This was the best SNL that I've seen in years, solely because of Natalie Portman's performances. She is the first guest in quite some time that isn't frigid and blankly staring while reading the cue cards. I enjoyed the rap also, but I think Parnell's raps are all starting to sound the same.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
So, what did everyone think of last night's episode? I'll have to rewatch the tape, but from what I remember it was funny. Loved the opening skit, Maya and Amy? YES!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks