What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Samuel Bronston's "Circus World" is up for pre-order in blu-ray in France at amazon.fr (no text) (1 Viewer)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
No text? Some text would actually be nice, like a LINK? :) I have searched amazon.fr for this title on Blu-ray and, of course, can find it nowhere. Lots of DVDs, but not listed under this title, its original French title, John Wayne, Samuel Bronston... So, please provide a link.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
haineshisway said:
No text? Some text would actually be nice, like a LINK? :) I have searched amazon.fr for this title on Blu-ray and, of course, can find it nowhere. Lots of DVDs, but not listed under this title, its original French title, John Wayne, Samuel Bronston... So, please provide a link.
Add to those searches Claudia Cardinale and Henry Hathaway, I doubt this is for real, maybe it was pulled immediately.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
haineshisway said:
Ditto - could not find anything with Hathaway and Cardinale either for that matter. But to be honest I would not expect much anyway given how atrocious the other two Bronstons look that are out on Blu-Ray. You have commented in another thread on Dr. Dolittle and I agree that it looks very bad but imo El Cid and Fall of the Roman empire look even worse. I have included a downrezzed version of a color corrected scan from a 70mm print courtesy of Herbert Born from Schauburg Karlsruhe that I think looks rather nice, too bad that we will probably not see anything like this on Blu-Ray anytime soon.

flagbrothers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Perry
Circus World blu-ray link at amazon.fr http://www.amazon.fr/Plus-Grand-Cirque-Monde-Blu-ray/dp/B006P180N2/ref=sr_1_49?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1325511588&sr=1-49

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
flagbrothers said:
Circus World blu-ray link at amazon.fr http://www.amazon.fr/Plus-Grand-Cirque-Monde-Blu-ray/dp/B006P180N2/ref=sr_1_49?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1325511588&sr=1-49
Thanks, for some reason I was too stupid to find it. Do you know anything about the company that is releasing this? They seem to just get into Blu-Ray judging by the release dates of their titles so we can only hope for the best even though the cover of the Blu-Ray and DVD versions as shown on Amazon France look rather cheap already.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
It will be interesting to find out how good the transfer is and does it include the Overture and Intermission.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
ahollis said:
It will be interesting to find out how good the transfer is and dose it include the Oveture and Intermission. 
It will be crucial to find out how good the transer is. Oliver K is quite right that the European BRDs of El Cid and Fall Of The Roman Empire are way below standard. At this stage do we have any reason to believe that this BRD will be any better? I already have a sub-standard French DVD of Circus World. I don't want a sub-standard French BRD as well.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
We also have a BD of Exodus due out later this month. I expect like many I am waiting to hear about the quality before I jump in.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
The big question for me is will this have forced subtitles like the recent EXODUS? These unremovable bastards drove me nuts and ruined the viewing experience! The CIRCUS WORLD company, Filmedia, is also releasing a BD of THE BIG TRAIL in a few weeks, which I am also interested in. However, I am not interested in anything with forced French subtitles. Not all French companies do this, Carlotta being a good example. In fact, EXODUS was the first of all the French DVD's I've ever bought that had this annoying feature. Does anyone own any earlier Filmedia product that feature removable French subtitles? They had a CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST release not long ago.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Ed Lachmann said:
The big question for me is will this have forced subtitles like the recent EXODUS? These unremovable bastards drove me nuts and ruined the viewing experience! The CIRCUS WORLD company, Filmedia, is also releasing a BD of THE BIG TRAIL in a few weeks, which I am also interested in. However, I am not interested in anything with forced French subtitles. Not all French companies do this, Carlotta being a good example. In fact, EXODUS was the first of all the French DVD's I've ever bought that had this annoying feature. Does anyone own any earlier Filmedia product that feature removable French subtitles? They had a CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST release not long ago.
We will have to wait and see anyway regarding the other qualities of this disc, so far I can only see that it has a very cheap looking artwork which is usually not a sign of high audiovisual quality inside but I will be happy if I am wrong. Regarding the questions of subs or not I would imagine this is depending more on the rights holder than the company that releases the movie so even if other movies from them have no subs this would not mean much and vice versa.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Ed Lachmann said:
The ad on Amazon says the Language is French, so probably no French subtitles. English not mentioned at all either as soundtrack language or in any mention of subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks