What's new

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Joss Whedon's Live Action Marvel Universe TV Series on ABC) (2 Viewers)

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Like many of you I almost gave up on this show. I have to admit that it really "kicked-in" after the 10th episode. I now have to place this show among my favorites of the current season. And last night's ep was definitely the best of the season -- even edging out the "Turn" ep. Incredible stuff for a TV show based on a "comic" Universe!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I thought if was great last night. One of the best if the season, and it matched the intensity if the best episodes. The scene in the diner was crackling with intensity, and the rescue of Skye was really exciting. Who else was worried about Lola?If Ward is anything but an unrepentant Hydra agent, I will be disappointed.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
From the promos for next week, it appears we will see Ward's back story, and what turned him to Hydra.If this is true. And done well, it may explain why so many became Hydra in today's world (without a charismatic Red Skull/Hitler figurehead to follow).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Exciting, involving, funny in places amid the gloom and doom. This show has done a complete turnaround in a few months.

Fitz kind of broke my heart being so upset that Ward, whom he had come to respect during that mission they shared, was not who he appeared to be.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is still your basic Whedon-paced show with similar well-worn Whedon storytelling tropes, with the big bad simmering under the viewers' noses, and then the past 3-4 episodes have paid big dividends in how the Scoobies have reacted to such a betrayal. But I'm pleasantly surprised because the joke title my comic-artist friends came up with for this show is "Interns of S.H.I.E.L.D." earlier in the season.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah. It is a slow burn that really in the end paid off, because the last few episodes have been VERY good, and frankly I'm thinking if I watch the whole season back I'm going to appreciate a lot of the earlier episodes much more.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It makes you wonder if Buffy aired on Fox/ABC/NBC/CBS today, if it would have survived past its first season and go on for another 6 seasons after that.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
mattCR said:
Yeah. It is a slow burn that really in the end paid off, because the last few episodes have been VERY good, and frankly I'm thinking if I watch the whole season back I'm going to appreciate a lot of the earlier episodes much more.
Matt,That's what I think as well (about appreciating earlier episodes upon repeated viewings) given how the show has evolved.Did anyone catch Coulson when he said "Raided the Fridge"? I loved that line!

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Did anyone catch the "Man-Thing" name drop? Not sure it is anything more than an easter egg for Marvel fans but you never know...

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Poster for next week
image.jpg

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Definitely better now that then, but what wouldn't be the first 10 episodes were terrible

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Another good episode tonight with some more informational tidbits sprinkled about. I liked the large file transfer. It is too bad that the preview ruined one cliffhanger.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, an enjoyable enough episode, not quite the thrill ride of the last several but certainly entertaining.

I think jettisoning Fitz and Simmons in that cubicle was Ward's way of showing a little bit of humanity was still alive in him. Fitz's puppy dog-eyed belief in his humanity got to him, I'm guessing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The show still has serious problems for me, but I love some of the little asides with Coulson's character."Pizza for Luis Jimenez?" "That's me.""Secret door? Let me try. They're kind of my thing."

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Large file transfer. Argh. Here I praise Good Wife for so accurately handling technology, and the show just makes it laughable.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Were the flashbacks designed to evoke sympathy for Ward, in advance of his eventual rehabilitation? Because that didn't work. Garrett was a scumbag but he always gave Ward the choice to follow or walk away, and Ward made the wrong choice every time.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
When Skye was upset at her actions and said that she was stupid and weak, did I really hear Coulson say in response, "You're not weak"? That was a funny moment for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks