What's new

Rookie subwoofer connection question. (1 Viewer)

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator
Rookie subwoofer connection question.

Hi, I have a question on connecting a sub that does not have an LFE input, and what the impact is. If I connect my mains to the sub, and then set my mains to large, I will have full range mains. Will a sub go any lower because it is connected to LFE, or the will the way I was talking about connecting my mains go just as low as an LFE input? Also, what happens to my speakers that are set to small, how will the signal get to the sub.

The sub I am looking at is the Yamaha YST-SW305. I also have Def Tech SM350s and a Yamaha RX-V530 receiver if that matters. I am also looking at some other subs, mainly the Vance Dickason 10”, 250W sub kit at parts express. However, the WAF is getting in the way, and I am being cheap. I am only using a 8”, 60W Aiwa right now, so I think the Yamaha would be a great improvement for the price.

Thanks

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Lowell;

Here's what you want to do. On your receiver, set your speakers to Large as you have done, and set the sub output to No. That will redirect LFE information to the main channels. It won't necessarily make your sub go any lower, but it will ensure that you hear some of that rumbling your supposed to feel during the movie.

I hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks