What's new

Revenge: Season One (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I'm really surprised but this is my favorite new show this year. I really like the lead. She is adorable. Love innocent looking blondes. I never saw her other series so this is the first time I'm seeing her in anything.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Neil Brock /t/315043/revenge#post_3868679
I'm really surprised but this is my favorite new show this year. I really like the lead. She is adorable. Love innocent looking blondes. I never saw her other series so this is the first time I'm seeing her in anything.
I'm enjoying the show as well but something really creeps me out about the lead. I think it's her smile. I don't think she's a very good actress and I've never seen her before either.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
ScottH said:
I'm enjoying the show as well but something really creeps me out about the lead.  I think it's her smile.  I don't think she's a very good actress and I've never seen her before either.
You folks should definitely check out Everwood. A family show for sure, but Emily is a heartbreaker in that one.

Spero D

Second Unit
Will Emily ever say these 2 words to Nolan for heping her time and time again- Thank You? After all this time without a thank you and just demands from her, I would of told her to f___ off and find someone else to help you :D
Like this show and everyone in it, except for the guy from Gossip Girl whom seems ill fitted to his role IMO.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So does anyone have any idea what the plan is for David? Seems innocent in all of the scandal with Emily's father but she keeps saying he's part of the plan. Wasn't there something with him in the opening scene of the show that was a flash forward to their engagement party?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Spero D said:
Like this show and everyone in it, except for the guy from Gossip Girl whom seems ill fitted to his role IMO.
He certainly does seem ill fitted for the role. The over the top accent is strange when you consider his dad and bother don't have the same accent. Didn’t they all grow up in the same house?
ScottH said:
Wasn't there something with him in the opening scene of the show that was a flash forward to their engagement party?
Sure was, he gets shot on the beach, we aren’t sure if he is dead or not but it didn’t look good.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun /t/315043/revenge#post_3877617
Looks like things are unraveling a bit for our esteemed revenger.
Based on the previews...

It looks like a lot of her problems will be solved when Tyler pops a cap in the "fake" Amanda Clark.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoy Ringer. But it reminds me of the collection of metal-tone crayolas: pretty but a limited palette. In contrast, in Revenge I feel like I've got a 64-box of Crayons. There's range of characters and personalities. The multiple story lines twist in and out of each other interestingly, and sometimes simply for character drama without relating to the master plot.

And there's the remarkably interesting Nolan. A needy, neurotic, homosexual billionaire who is played seriously, and not as a walking punchline. He's doofusy in personality, yet obviously a deeply competent person. He's an isolated individual, craves friendship, pursues it awkwardly, but doesn't come across as a tedious character. After this last episode, I'm more impressed by Nolan both as a piece of writing and by what the actor brings to him.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Nice little twist in the episode we were all waiting for to springboard into the final stretch this season.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Revenge starts in a couple of weeks' time. Can finally see what all the fuss is about.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Well, the pilot episode I thought got better as it went on. Like the use of lighting (same with Grimm), especially the mysterious, moody scenes. Liked what I've seen of the series Veronica Mars (had no interest in the series Desperate Housewives), with the mystery element, writing and acting, and Revenge also reminds me of Dynasty. This could become an addictive show. Shall wait and see if the premise can last.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoyed the season. My disappointment is really with the state of modern TV: I wish the first season had an emotionally complete arc. I wanted Emily to have her vengeance, to reveal herself to the Graysons, and to see them punished. Instead, it was a downer, with her true love dashed, vengeance in process (perhaps), and the setup for season 2.

But thrilling, twisting and turning, and a great range of characters. I hope season 2 only gets better!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by DaveF /t/315043/revenge/30#post_3930908
I enjoyed the season. My disappointment is really with the state of modern TV: I wish the first season had an emotionally complete arc. I wanted Emily to have her vengeance, to reveal herself to the Graysons, and to see them punished. Instead, it was a downer, with her true love dashed, vengeance in process (perhaps), and the setup for season 2.

But thrilling, twisting and turning, and a great range of characters. I hope season 2 only gets better!

A complete arc also means no drama/story for season 2. I suspect that had the show not been renewed, it would have ended as you wanted, with an epilogue showing Conrad standing trial, Emily revealing herself to Victoria, and happy-ever-after with Jack.

Her biggest weakness going forward is that the White-haired man of The Initiative knows of her. With the Graysons they never knew she had a hidden agenda, but The Initiative knows (or can guess) she's coming for them.

As an aside, I predict Victoria didn't get on the plane. Note that the news report only speaks of information from the passenger manifest, and the scene at the hanger noticeably showed Lydia getting on board, with the scene ending of a shot of Victoria looking up the stairs but not actually having entered it. She's just too good a character to eliminate, and besides, Emily's final revenge isn't going to be as satisfying if it doesn't involve taking Victoria down, and Victoria knowing it was Emily/Amanda who did it. Dying in a plane crash/explosion is too easy.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Revenge is turning out to be an entertaining series so far. It could, could, get a bit tiresome with it being solely about the revenge part (even though the show is called Revenge), but the main plot and the various other sub-plots are staying varied enough.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
How did Once Upon a Time do in the ratings last season, compared to fellow ABC series Revenge? Strange how the former is getting both a US DVD and Blu-ray release, but Revenge is getting just a DVD release.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Yee-Ming said:
A complete arc also means no drama/story for season 2.  I suspect that had the show not been renewed, it would have ended as you wanted, with an epilogue showing Conrad standing trial, Emily revealing herself to Victoria, and happy-ever-after with Jack.  
Her biggest weakness going forward is that the White-haired man of The Initiative knows of her.  With the Graysons they never knew she had a hidden agenda, but The Initiative knows (or can guess) she's coming for them.
As an aside, I predict Victoria didn't get on the plane.  Note that the news report only speaks of information from the passenger manifest, and the scene at the hanger noticeably showed Lydia getting on board, with the scene ending of a shot of Victoria looking up the stairs but not actually having entered it. She's just too good a character to eliminate, and besides, Emily's final revenge isn't going to be as satisfying if it doesn't involve taking Victoria down, and Victoria knowing it was Emily/Amanda who did it.  Dying in a plane crash/explosion is too easy.
Victoria is alive, She now knows that her hubby had Emily's father (whom she really loved) killed at the behest of The Initiative. I think before the season's over she and Emily will actually join forces.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks