What's new

Revenge: Season One (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I found the pilot pretty intriguing, though I don't know how long the show can sustain on its singular premise.

Emily Van Camp is pretty appealing and seems to handle the role well. It actually makes me think of both Desperate Housewives (in its first year) and Veronica Mars.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
I agree. I've never seen Deperate Housewives or Veronica Mars - but the revenge angle is a bit unusual. I loved the Confuscious quote at the beginning. I found the first few minutes very confusing - but I'm glad I kept with it. By the end of the hour I was a bit hooked. We'll have to see how this one goes, but I'll definitely be tuning into the second show.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The non-linear storytelling helps in the intrigue quotient. I also like that it's fully embracing tragedy as a form, promising that it's not going to end well for ANYONE. Using the Confucius quotation just sets that up from the get-go.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's kinda weird seeing Emily van Camp in this role, considering her past roles, but she can easily pull off the innocent-lil-me bits, so having her commit all the under-handed get-backs on a weekly basis could be a fun ride.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't really know if I like the uptown girl subplot and the father keeling over was a bit too much melodrama by the time it happened. Emily is also bringing down the targets pretty quickly and it won't take much to trace it all back to her. Hopefully things smarten up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Some parts I like, but the poor family subplot feels like filler. The "revenge" subplot was laughably bad, though.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
I am still enjoying this show. Maybe its perverse, but I enjoy how she "gets" her different prey on a weekly basis. It feels almost like the old TV Mission impossible. Madelaine Stowe is perfectly suited to her role here.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
This has become my favorite new show of the season.
Come on deep down we all want to get back at the people we think have wronged us in life and that is what makes this show fun to watch.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I am liking it though I am getting all the teens confused with the other teens on shows like Secret Circle.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm pretty sure this show is really bad on a lot of levels - the writing is mediocre at best, most of the acting is really bad, and pretty much every character is a horrible person seemingly except for the bartender...but for some strange reason I'm really into it. I just watched the first 5 episodes in two nights and looking forward to the next.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I've watched all the episodes so far, but I'm right on the edge of dropping it. I really like Emily Van Camp from Everwood and Brothers and Sister, I like James Tupper from Men in Trees and whatever that other doctor show he was in, and I really like Max Martini from The Unit. But the Ashton Holmes character Tyler really bugs the heck out of me, as well as the lies he tells that should so easily be exposed. And the plotting and particularly the characterization, don't seem to be going anywhere. I may hang on for one more week, but I'm just about ready to pull the ripcord.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
The overall plotting of the show’s main story line is very brisk and clearly defined, are talking about the Tyler’s storyline? This is only my opinion but I think it is obvious that he is pulling a con on the Graysons because he either has a crush on Daniel or wants revenge for something one of the Graysons did in the past.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This was a good pivot episode to keep things so that Emily would not seem so omnipotent in her revengeful ways.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
Maybe "plotting" wasn't the right word to use to describe my dissatisfaction. I guess I want there to be more. I know the title is "Revenge," but I'd like there to be more than just a revenge of the week. More than Emily being a super revenge chick with a rich sidekick who can basically do anything. Ho hum, we got revenge again. Perhaps the latest episode points to better things to come with Emily's identity being close to exposed. I'd like her to find herself in jeopardy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks