What's new

Peacock Paramount+ Report: Paramount+ and Peacock May Be Considering Combined Streaming Service (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Doubtful this will happen. Similar to the rumors that Warner-Discovery was in talks to acquire Paramount Global.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I hope it does. Of all the suitors to potentially merge with Paramount, Universal seems the best, so this could either be a good precursor to that or provide Paramount with more leverage when making its next move.

compson

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
As the article says, these were just early discussions that “haven’t progressed beyond the spit-balling stage.” Like the earlier stories about Paramount discussions, this one was probably leaked by the company’s investment bankers or others trying to generate interest. Paramount is in a very tough spot. This is a good overview of how it got there but requires registration:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I doubt it will happen but of all the merger proposals that have been floated, this one sounds potentially less awful than the others. I like that Paramount+ offers live-streaming of the local CBS affiliate. If there was a combined Paramount/Peacock where you could view your local CBS channel live, your local NBC channel live, plus the streaming originals they both offer, and movies from Paramount Pictures and Universal, to me that’s a compelling mix of a variety of content from a variety of sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks