What's new

Refurb Denon Avr-3803 (1 Viewer)

Neil White

Supporting Actor
They told me three weeks, three weeks ago (almost). Let's hope the new stock really is in and we'll get ours shipped too. I did call last week and the salesperson said one to 1.5 weeks.

N

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Sure enough, the 3803 is now showing as in stock on their Website. In store only now!! :eek: Wonder what that means? Do you think Denon has laid the law down?

Edit: Correction, it does not actually say 'in-stock' anywhere, it just does not say 'out of stock' any more. And it looks like ALL Denon products on their site have gone in store only.

Someone on another forum was talking about squealing on 6ave about the deal (although I cannot see what they have done wrong) - maybe something has occurred here ... hmmm

N

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Have faith John. I just called them. They said they got 90 in yesterday and are sending them out over three days (Mon/Tue/Wed). We should get confirmation emails once sent.

I did not ask them what the deal was with Denon going 'in store' only.

N

John_Griff

Stunt Coordinator
I guess that this deal is now officially over!! I think it was just black. I don't even see a silver one listed anywhere.

Peter_D

Agent
I think that 6ave got in trouble from Denon. Now you cant buy any Denon product from them over the internet. You can still buy it from Cruchfield and other places. but the proces are higher

John_Griff

Stunt Coordinator
Why would Denon care?? Denon is getting paid X amount from 6ave for the units, regardless of what 6ave sells them for.

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Long thread on another forum about this. Bottom line is 6ave has not advertised below Denon's MSRP so I believe they are okay. Don't know what the "in-store" deal is now. Weird.

N

Peter_D

Agent
Denon might not care but all the vendors that carry denon products do and if they had put pressure on denon than denon does something. I am sure that most that saaw this deal went into there local stores and said "hey i saw a 3803 on the internet at 6ave.com they are giving it to me at 698.06 can you match it?" All it takes is a couple of local companys bitching to denon and thats it.

Peter_D

Agent
Here is what you get if you click on instore

Info about “In Store Only”
Sorry, due to manufactures' distribution restrictions, this product can only be purchased at one of our 7 NJ locations. Please call us for further information.
1-866-666-6AVE

Jeff smit

Agent
I just spoke with 6ave and they still will do the 3803 for 698.06 with 6 cents shipping. He said that they will do this for about a week more. The reason they gave me for the in store only was that there own stores were getting upset with no inventory. They gave no indication that this was a Denon decision.

Peter_D

Agent
I find it hard to belive that there other stores were bitching about no inventory when all denon produts on there web site not just the recivers are instore only. you can still buy HK and ONKYO over the internet from 6ave.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks