reducing noise with subwoofer!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Henry, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Jason Henry

Jason Henry Auditioning

I am setting up my home theater system and I want to reduce the noise of the subwoofer on the floor. I happened to live in an apartment bulilding on the second floor. I will be placing near or under my couch, any ideas from any members of the club. I desparately need info about any noise reducing or mufflers pads under my subwoofer.

2. Eric Bass

Eric Bass Second Unit

I've had pretty good luck by placing a slab of marble from Home Depot underneath my sub. I also placed a folded towel underneath the slab to try and kill any sound travelling into the floor. I haven't had a chance to discuss it with the neighbors downstairs but I also haven't received any complaints as of yet *knock on wood*.
    ------------------
    Here are your messages: You have 20 mins to move your car, you have 10 mins, your car has been impounded, your car has been crushed into a cube, you have 20 min to move your cube.

3. Mike Gariepy

Mike Gariepy Stunt Coordinator

Hello Jason, welcome aboard!
    Another idea is to try some fitness equipment stores. They sell rubber mats that are designed for weight lifting equipment. I've got a buddy who is in a similar situation as yourself and it works quite well for him. It's pretty pricey stuff though.
    I believe Home Depot sells a type of rubber floor covering that they sells in 2x2 foot squares. They fit together like pieces of a puzzle. You might want to try some of that stuff first since it's probably cheaper and can easily be returned.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]"Hi I'm Reddy Killowatt reporting a dangerous overload at octopus connection in sector five!"
    My HT Equipment | My DVD List