What's new

rediscovered BOTTLE ROCKET last night (1 Viewer)

Robin Warren

Second Unit
*turns back on MatS and walks away*
Your on your own. ;)
I remember watching this on VHS with my wife. She was bored but I laughed so hard she thought I was crazy.
I love the break out at the asylum. Talk about funny.
Is the DVD still in print in Canada?

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I strongly imagine a Criterion version is imminent, because we still haven't seen Criterion's payoff for the Holy Grail commentary track that appeared on Columbia's disc over a year ago.

Max

Auditioning
I saw Bottle Rocket after The Royal Tenenbaums but before Rushmore. I think it's an amazing transition in storylines through each film and Bottle Rocket seems so different from The Royal Tenenbaums.

I have a question. Why is it rated R? I didn't think the language was that bad, there were only a few drug references, and no nudity.

-Locke_

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
And the name Bottle Rocket means?

I've always imagined it's because bottle rockets are the weakest form of firework available and that's basically the crew - the weakest band of outlaws around. Sure they want to be big bad M80s, but they just ain't. Other thoughts?

Pieter

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I am *so* glad I didn't wait for the CC version. Pretty decent transfer and sound. Fantastic film, almost as good as Rushmore, and "instant top 10" material. I won't mind at all double-dipping on this when the SE arrives.

You can make a rocket out of a plastic bottle with a bicycle pump and the right kind of adaptor. It works, but it's no substitute for a professional firework. Pieter, I think you're spot on with your interpretation.

BrianBu

Auditioning
I seem to remember Wes Anderson having no idea why he called it Bottle Rocket. I heard him tell a story that James Caan came up to him and explained his theory about it and Wes basically said "Wow, that's pretty good!" To which Cann walked a way with a "F***in amateurs" look on his face.

Funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks