What's new

Redband vs Greenband trailers (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Do you often seek out a redband trailer if they are made available? I seem to remember them quite often back in the day but the most recent ones I remember now are Not Another Teen Movie, Superbad and some softcore flick from the 90's probably with Anna Nicole Smith. (rip!)

Do you think Redbands take away from a movie by showing to much? Are they often shown in theatres? Just in NC-17s?

ry

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
You might get more replies if you explain what you mean by "redband" and "greenband" trailers.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
I think he means the "This Preview has been approved for audiences of rated R films" - trailers (Redband)....

I've only seen one of them, curious if there are more available on the net?

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Well, I thought I was being specific enough - guess not. Mike knows what I meant in the original concept.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

For most trailers, before it starts up, there is a green message that appears that says that the trailer is approved for all audiences. That is a greenband trailer.

A redband trailer has a similar message, but it is red and has a rating attached to it.

I've only seen one redband trailer in the theater, and that was for American Pie.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks