Redband vs Greenband trailers

Discussion in 'Movies' started by RyanAn, Jun 3, 2007.

1. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Do you often seek out a redband trailer if they are made available? I seem to remember them quite often back in the day but the most recent ones I remember now are Not Another Teen Movie, Superbad and some softcore flick from the 90's probably with Anna Nicole Smith. (rip!)

Do you think Redbands take away from a movie by showing to much? Are they often shown in theatres? Just in NC-17s?

ry

2. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

You might get more replies if you explain what you mean by "redband" and "greenband" trailers.

3. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

I think he means the "This Preview has been approved for audiences of rated R films" - trailers (Redband)....

I've only seen one of them, curious if there are more available on the net?

4. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Well, I thought I was being specific enough - guess not. Mike knows what I meant in the original concept.

5. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

For most trailers, before it starts up, there is a green message that appears that says that the trailer is approved for all audiences. That is a greenband trailer.

A redband trailer has a similar message, but it is red and has a rating attached to it.

I've only seen one redband trailer in the theater, and that was for American Pie.

Jason