What's new

Receiver Recommendation - Onkyo TX NR737 or ? (1 Viewer)

bdAZ

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
Hi Everyone -

i'm not to this forum. Hopefully this question hasn't been asked too many times before.

I will be moving into a new home in a month's time. The home has a dedicated and finished home theatre in the basement. 150" projection screen. The room is about 15' wide by 30' deep.

I'm going to pick up a new home theatre audio system for this room. I'm looking at a EMP Tek speaker setup (towers: E55Ti, Centre: E56Ci, Surrounds: E55Wi) I already have a 15" powered sub for the room.

I'm looking for a new receiver to power this setup. I only want to go 5.1 setup (I really don't see the value of adding additional speakers or stereo subs). What I'm looking for is an excellent, yet reasonably priced AV Receiver. THX certification is a plus. Hi current preferred.

I'm currently really liking the recently announce Onkyo TX NR737. Should my searching stop there? What else is comparable by the other manufacturers?

thanks, your expertise and insight is valued and appreciated!
Best
Bill

MasterAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
Just hooked up the TX-NR636 in my uncles home theater room. Its powerful and delivers pinpoint clarity and thunderous lows. One of the best receivers I've ever used. I was blown away as soon as I turned it on and put in the "The Dark Knight" Blu-ray as a test run. The UI on this line of receivers is great. I say that because usually receivers are known to have a rather poor UI. I have no idea why. They put so much time into these high end products, and then they make the interface look like the product came out in 1995. They're receivers are also one of the few to provide the HDCP 2.2 technology. Allowing for future 4K content to be streamed and cable companies to be able to send a proper broadcast (if that will ever happen). Still a good function to have. Also, one of the few receivers to offer wifi. A lot of these receivers require a hard wire which can create problems for some people. Onkyo has always made a great product, and I put this line of receivers up for maybe best of the year...and it's still really early.

Prudhvip

Auditioning
Real Name
Prudhvi
MasterAudio said:
Just hooked up the TX-NR636 in my uncles home theater room. Its powerful and delivers pinpoint clarity and thunderous lows. One of the best receivers I've ever used. I was blown away as soon as I turned it on and put in the "The Dark Knight" Blu-ray as a test run.The UI on this line of receivers is great. I say that because usually receivers are known to have a rather poor UI. I have no idea why. They put so much time into these high end products, and then they make the interface look like the product came out in 1995.They're receivers are also one of the few to provide the HDCP 2.2 technology. Allowing for future 4K content to be streamed and cable companies to be able to send a proper broadcast (if that will ever happen). Still a good function to have. Also, one of the few receivers to offer wifi. A lot of these receivers require a hard wire which can create problems for some people.Onkyo has always made a great product, and I put this line of receivers up for maybe best of the year...and it's still really early.
I am also looking for an avr for my speakers. How will be Onkyo 535.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks