What's new

receiver for $1600 (1 Viewer)

Henry Ferris

Auditioning
My budget of $1600 is to get a receiver where audio is primary. I have an oppo and an Ati amp for power so do not care about power on receiver. Good use of the new codecs and a quality audyssey setup. Of course this means preouts and if the unit has good HDMI switching all the better but I suspect I will continue to go direct to TV.
I am assuming that there is not a new preamp in my price range.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well within your price range: http://emotiva.com/umc1.shtm

You might be able to find a used Marantz 8003 around that price as well.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A buddy of mine has it and he likes it very much. I haven't had a chance to get over there and check it out, but he says he is very satisfied. I may break down and get one of these later this year myself.

Selden Ball

Second Unit
Real Name
Selden
Quite a few people are very upset about the bugs in the UMC-1's firmware. There have been several updates but not all of the bugs are fixed yet.

I'd suggest investigating Denon receivers -- they tend to have all the latest features and good build quality.

Henry Ferris

Auditioning
Thanks guys. Future shop just lowered the price on the Denon 990 by $500. Just to good a deal so I pulled the trigger. Can't wait for it to get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks