What's new

Receiver 2 HDMI & for Sony Digital Headphones - ? (1 Viewer)

jer99

Agent
Real Name
Gerald
I have an Denon AVR2113C that I purchased last year.It is being used for:Living Room:Pioneer Elite Pro 150 Plasma5.1 in wall speakersDirecTvBluRay S590WIIApple TVBedroom:Sharp AQUOS LC-26D4UStereo in wall speakersDirecTV (mini)The Bedroom is using the component from the Denon currently but is unable to utilize the BlueRay. The bedroom and living room were originally hooked up to a Sony 400 DVD player/Escient system, but the Sony is making wierd sounds and not loading - appears dead.Since my Denon only has 1 HDMI out, that kind of screws up the possibility of watching one thing in the bedroom and another in the living room if I utilized a splitter.I was looking for a nice pair of TV Headphones and came across the Sony MDR-DS6500. They looked great. Problem I realized is that I dont have anything digital OUT on the Denon. The official specs say Audio In : Optical Digital Input (x1), Analog Stereo Input mini jack (x1) I assume using an analog out wont be condusive to the surround sound mimic.SO... I guess I'm looking for a new receiver. I dont know a lot about Home systems although I am a computer nerd to some extent. I would like to find a receiver that has :2 Zones2 HDMI OUT5+ HDMI IN ( DirecTV, BluRay,game system, AppleTV, a Computer with Media player/storage?)Optical OUT (for the ds65000s?)component out (just in case)Phono out for both zones in addition to speaker outsSupport for AirPlay, Bluetooth, etcEventually moving to a 3D TV most likely. I would also like to configure a dedicated computer that could store my purchased movies on - perhaps I can just add a drive to my appletv..I dont know.I sure wish there was bluetooh out, but I hear that's not around (yet) - it would be great for BOSS ir Dr Dre headphones.Does anyone have any recommendations?I dont necessarily want the least expensive or the most expensive - I'm looking for something with great sound and quality that is expandable with an eye toward the future.Jerry

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There are several "HDMI zone out" AVR. They solve your problems.Just make sure the HDMI is for zone...not simply a 2nd display.As an example, all Elite(don't think there is a Pioneer yet) call it HDMI Zone 4.Denon just calls it Zone HDMI. Onkyo only includes 2 HDMI out no matter what, but the 929(maybe the 828) lets you pick between 2nd display, or actual 2nd zone.Example, since you like Denon, is the X4000.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way, the AVR you choose doesn't need to work with the "other zone". Run the zone your TV, connect the headphones to your TV There.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
schan1269 said:
By the way, the AVR you choose doesn't need to work with the "other zone". Run the zone your TV, connect the headphones to your TV There.
What I meant to say(auto correct in my cellphone obliterated some of the post)The AVR and your headphones don't need to work together in the other zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks