What's new
World Wide Stereo

rear surrounds (1 Viewer)

Gary G

Auditioning
hello...ive been reading this forum for a month or so and slowly trying to put myself a half way decent setup together, so far i have purchased a pair of polk rti 100 speakers for the fronts, a polk csi40 center channel and a velodyne cht 10 sub...right now im just using an old pair of bose(15yrs old)for the rear surrounds...i was wanderin about using satalites for the rear or would i be messing up...maybe better off buying something else...my room is about 16x22, we mainly watch movies but would like a decent sound for music also..any ideas?, thanks alot..

728x90

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Since your existing front and center speakers are Polks, I would look at Polk surround speakers. The key is to get speakers that are a good tonal match, and staying with the same manufacturer is always a good start.

M.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Welcome to the world of Ht mania....LOL
Actually, any full range speakers will do a good job for you as rear surrounds. Of course rears that are the same timbre as the fronts would be best. Sounds like you are well on your way with what you have and a little tweaking here and there will certainly make a difference.

If I remember correctly, Polk makes some pretty good surrounds in a dipole/bipole design.

Gary G

Auditioning
yep you are right about the HT mania...wife is already screaming, hehe..its kinda addicting to say the least...what exactly is bipole, dipole, i have read the tearms but not sure the meaning

thanks again

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Bipole/Dipole..... to put in simply.... These speakers each have 2 sets of tweets and woofs which fire out of phase and in an alternating firing action which reportedly
creates more surround fullness. Some are switchable also.
I went with Energy RVSS bipole/dipoles several months ago and they really made the imaging in the rear quite a bit better.
Just buy the wife a chick-flick now and then and perhaps she'll be alright... that is until a big sub arrives..........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks