Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough

Rawhide (1951) Blu-ray Review

rawhidetop.jpg

A measured if effective western drama, Henry Hathaway’s Rawhide doesn’t have anything to do with the famous television western series which would come along later in the 1950s, but it nevertheless offers tantalizing performances from a host a fine actors and picturesque western location shooting that adds flavor and color (even in black and white) to the mix.

[review]
Click here to read the original article.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
This is a remake of a brutal 20th Century 1935 release: Show Them No Mercy. How it got past the censors is beyond me.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
A good, straight-forward drama, staged perfectly by the old pro, Henry Hathaway. Dudley Nichols was one of the best screen writers ever.

The DVD was excellent. I'm a bit disappointed to hear that "early scenes contain some hairs along the right side of the frame and an occasional bit of dust and some mild scratches." I'd have expected the normally excellent Fox restoration team to have eliminated them. I'll watch the DVD again before deciding if I'll upgrade.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
matt-hough

Rawhide (1951) Blu-ray Review

rawhidetop.jpg

A measured if effective western drama, Henry Hathaway’s Rawhide doesn’t have anything to do with the famous television western series which would come along later in the 1950s, but it nevertheless offers tantalizing performances from a host a fine actors and picturesque western location shooting that adds flavor and color (even in black and white) to the mix.

[review]
Click here to read the original article.
Useless label ...........Useless release....................and WHY ????...............because the useless Kino Lorber have basically stopped including ENGLISH SUB-TITLES......................therefore for me and many others..............NO BUY.......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks