What's new

Question for anyone who owns the STR-DA2ES (1 Viewer)

Brian_Tho

Stunt Coordinator
On the back of this receiver what is the wattage rating on the back. Where it states how many watts consumed. Just curious I know the STR-4ES consumes 500watts. Thanks for the help. Any additional comments or reviews on the 2es would be greatly appreciated.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
On the back of this receiver what is the wattage rating on the back. Where it states how many watts consumed. Just curious I know the STR-4ES consumes 500watts.
Are you quoting the 4ES power rating based on actual measurement or from what is stated on the back of the 4ES panel? Just curious because the rating listed on the back panel of my 4ES is 420 watts IIRC, unlike the snapshot I saw on Crutchfield's website a while back which showed the back panel listed at 500 watts, again IIRC...

I posted a thread about this discrepancy some time ago, and no one could adequately explain to me why Sony lowered the power rating, especially considering your statement that you "know the STR-4ES consumes 500 watts."

Brian_Tho

Stunt Coordinator
My fault I saw that photo also. What I would like to know if your consumes 420watt what does the 2es consume. Thanks for the correction my mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks