Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Project Hail Mary

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction

Director: Phil Lord, Christopher Miller

Cast: Ryan Gosling

Plot: In the near future, astronaut Ryland Grace wakes from a coma afflicted with amnesia. He gradually remembers that he was sent to the Tau Ceti solar system, 12 light-years from Earth, to find a means of reversing a solar dimming event that could cause the extinction of humanity.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Aren't these the guys that got fired from Solo because they wouldn't shoot the actual script?

Yes, but they're also the guys that gave us the Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs films, the Lego movies, and the Spider-Verse films.

On the other hand, they also gave us the 21 Jump Street movies, so maybe live-action, as opposed to animation, isn't in their wheelhouse.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Lord and Miller are the goods. Their resume is excellent, outperforming their concepts time and again. Their removal from Solo was a categorical loss for that film and the producers…not for Lord and Miller.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, but they're also the guys that gave us the Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs films, the Lego movies, and the Spider-Verse films.

On the other hand, they also gave us the 21 Jump Street movies, so maybe live-action, as opposed to animation, isn't in their wheelhouse.
I haven't really cared for any of those, so I'm still skeptical. ;)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Sounds really interesting. I have not seen any Lord and Miller films but have the impression that their primary thing is comedy, so is this comedy science fiction? Or are they attempting some sort of serious science fiction?

Forgive my ignorance here.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Sounds really interesting. I have not seen any Lord and Miller films but have the impression that their primary thing is comedy, so is this comedy science fiction? Or are they attempting some sort of serious science fiction?

Forgive my ignorance here.

It's based on a book by Andy Weir, whose first book was The Martian, which the Ridley Scott film was based on. In between, he wrote another SF novel, Artemis. None of the books are comedies.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks