What's new

Ported Tempest Box Design Help :o (1 Viewer)

Hey,
A while back I asked opinions on a ported sub box for a Tempest. I decided on the either the SBB4 or the Adire Alignment. The only thing is I was going to get a Plate amp as it was suggested and there was a good deal at the time($100 for a 250w) but here's my dilemma. With the designs of either the adire alignment or the SBB4 the plate amp won't fit because of the supports inside. Any ideas? :frowning:

- Kevin

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
You should be able to cut the supports around the amp, or just move things around a bit, like I did. You can check my site from the link in my sig, there are a few pics where you can see how I fit the bracing around my amp (including one layout that shows it).

I appreciate the feedback(as I'd be lost without it ;)) and I think I'm leaning towards the seperate boxed plate amp idea. If I was to do that, is there an ideal place to mount the binding posts? For now it would seems the only place would be on the back(as there isn't much room on the bottom). As well, what parts would I need to add the binding posts to the back of my box as well as possibly the face of the amp like Russel?

Thanks Ahead of Time,
Kevin :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.