What's new

Poll: The next HTF National Meet - what shall we consider? (1 Viewer)

Bob_Wilson

Agent
Ron,

Janet and I were in LA for one of the earlier national meets, and had a marvelous time. Since the studios stopped rolling out the red carpet for the HTF folks, LA loses its glamour as a possible meeting site. We've talked about going on the Alaska cruise for years, and if HTF says, "Let's do it," we'll be first in line.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Would LA area people be allowed to come to any events?
I can't answer this until we decide an LA event
is what we wish to do.

Generally, the ratio of LA people we allow is
smaller than the amount of outsiders. Whether
this will change or not I do not know at this point.

Also, the possibility of doing another LA MEET
in 2004 is not something we really wish to do
this early. It's very hard to get studios and
facilities to accept such a large amount of people
with any expenses coming out of their pocket.
Personally, I don't like to bother the studios
without having a rather a few years between each
massive function.

Was hoping the next National Meet would be based
on the HD-DVD rollout. The studios would probably
be far more willing to have us come and see what
they are offering at that point.

The only reason we are remotely thinking of a
LA National Meet is because a company we met on
a recent cruise has invited us out to their LA
facility. The will not yet disclose the company's
name.

We really like the idea of a cruise --
and it is an option that we are heavily considering.

Right now we are just trying to get a feel for
what you guys might best like to see us sponsor.

Thanks

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Definitely the 7 day LA meet only!

Was there in 2001 and absolutely, positively want to go again.

Ron - I would gladly offer any assistance to bring this together.

Colin

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
LA Meet, no cruise. It would be a blast and easiest on the budget. I didnt get to spend the entire week in 2001 so I know I missed alot.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
it'd be interesting to see how many people vote for LA with no cruise (and also with cruise) that happen to be LA residents who may not get to come...oh the irony

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Sarah and I loved the last LA meet we went to and have been looking forward to another shot at it. The flight and whatnot would already be enough of a cost to make a cruise less practical for us to tack on, and we would like to spend a lot more time in LA catching the things we missed the last time.

And to be honest I also would like the chance to take advantage of all the CINEMA available out there. Last time I missed a chance to go the Egyptian with some of the guys...not this time. :)

My alternate would be NYC plus cruise. I haven't been to NYC and I have several HTF pals that live there whom I would like to meet up with at some point. This would be a great reason for it.

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Ron's point, which I've only just read, is a good one. The LA trip/s are amazing, but neccesarily fewer and further-between. I would prefer an LA trip always, but admit I was surprised there was even a mention of it being possible in 2004(so soon).

So...I'll Officially change my vote to ANY cruise. I missed the last 2, and won't repeat that mistake. ;)

If we can plan an LA-2K5 trip, I'll be there for that, too.
Though at that point, I might stay for 10 days, regardless of the Meet length. There's just way to much to see and do in the LA area to catch in a week. (imho)

See you all when/wherever we meet next.

Matt

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
Can I vote early for a 2005 LA Meet w/o cruise???
2004 is almost here and I’m already planning activities for my time off.

After attending the 2000 & 2001 National Meets I decided to pass on the cruises because I didn’t think they could compare to actually walking around the studios in California.
A NYC cruise would be great because it would eliminate the cost of airfare south for me (and others).

Here’s a side note:
Let’s rent out the entire Budd Lake area and have a National BASH at Scooters place. :D
We can pay his neighbors to leave town for 24-HRS and then watch movies outside all night long undisturbed by “the law”.

Shawn S

PS… I volunteer to shoot photos if needed. (Have camera – Will travel)

michael deakin

Deceased Member
Real Name
Michael Charles Deakin
I too would prefer a L.A meet without the cruise. And maybe this time we could go to "Westwood" village.

mike.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron's point, which I've only just read, is a good one. The LA trip/s are amazing, but neccesarily fewer and further-between. I would prefer an LA trip always, but admit I was surprised there was even a mention of it being possible in 2004(so soon).
We weren't originally planning a LA MEET for 2004.

In fact, I would have preffered that we waited
until 2005 till the HD-DVD rollout begins.

However....

There are some opportunities on the horizon for
us to make an LA MEET very special.

It's still very early in the game.

The option of doing a cruise is still very strong.
We enjoyed doing a cruise these past two years and
would love to do it again.

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
A week in LA gets my vote.. If I can scrape the money together. Had a blast at the last one and would definately try to get back for another one.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Ron can you tell how many of us voted for the L.A. trip which are from the L.A. area?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Josh,

Have no idea.

The results only show voting resuts, not location.

Brian_L_Kleis

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, Ron,

Referencing my earlier post, I'm sorta warming to the idea of a cruise. With enough people there, all diehards, I'm sure it would be really great...

Question though is this... Costs... Now, I know it's really early to be asking, but is there an approximate ballpark dollar amount we can expect? For instance, where exactly did the last cruise head from, go to, what was included, and the approximate cost for that one?

Just trying to get an idea here to see if it'd even be feasible for me personally...

Thanx.... :emoji_thumbsup:

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I can go on cruise anytime, I can't visit the studio whenever I want.

I'll take the L.A meet, but I fear I won't be able to afford any of the options

B

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm with Brentl -- cruises are great, but they aren't as special as the LA meets we've had before. My lady and I can take a cruise together anytime and just enjoy it together. The LA meets are great group outings and we get to do things that we wouldn't otherwise.

An East Coast non-cruise meet would be cool, too. Somebody mentioned a NY meet. Also, when I was in grad school, we got a tour of the production facilities at MGM in Orlando. That might cost an arm and a leg though. . .

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I would also be willing to wait until 2005 for the LA meet if there isn't enough stuff to set up for 2004. (Plus, my girlfriend wants to go see our friends in Paris next year. . .;) )

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
If ever a trip should be proposed for Orlando, having been a Cast Member at the Disney-MGM Studios(among other places on-property), and coincidentally, as a Tour Guide of the Soundstages and Post-Production House...I just might be able to shmooze us back in for the cool tours.

Many things that were never accessible are now, for a fee.
Those same things, and many still inaccessible may be fair game. (Example, how many know about the CG and Video Production facilities housed in Italy?)

:frowning: Jeez I miss it, down there.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks