What's new

Home Theater United Episode 41 - Composer Brian Ralston and Director Chris Chan Lee from Silent River (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Meeting up with HTF’s Brian Ralston and Director Chris Chan Lee from Silent River:
  • Intro by Sam: Meet Brian Ralston and Chris Chan Lee
  • Interview Qs:
    • Brian: What can you tell us about your work on Silent River
    • Chris: The film is out on digital to buy now. How has the reaction been from audiences? What was the film’s journey to getting made? Is there a disk for those who don’t do digital?
    • Brian: The music in SR is very unique yet has a lot of stings that reminded me of 70s horror films. What was your inspiration for the soundtrack?
    • Chris: this is your fourth film. How has the progression been going?
    • Brian: Can you tell us about the Atmos authoring process and releasing the soundtrack in Atmos?
    • Chris: a few of the reviews I have read call it very Lynchian. What’s your take on that?
    • Brian: Having heard the final LOTR on Prime I still think your ideas would have been wonderful. Can you enjoy the show with that in your history? What was your take on the musical?
    • Chris: I’m intrigued by the role of the stranger. Can you give us some insight into some of his motivations?
    • Brian: Can you tell us about your podcast? What about your own home theater?
    • Chris: you are both screenwriter and director here, how was it managing both hats?
    • Brian: What’s up next?
    • Chris: What’s up next, both for Silent River and yourself? Will we see SR on something like Prime or Netflix?
Good Bad Or Ugly?
Sam - Infernal Affairs
Brian - Jasmine
Chris - Everything Everywhere All At Once

NOTE: I experienced 4+ power brownouts and lost 10-15 seconds of conversation each time. I edited as best I could to mask those interruptions but it's not perfect. Those responsible have been sacked.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I fondly remember how I first met Brian during the 2008 HTF Hollywood Meet. Paramount was hosting breakfast on the lot and Sam and I grabbed a table in the patio area and Brian sat down and joined us. Very pleasant conversation that morning, and then that evening Brian gave HTF a demonstration on his process of scoring a film (which may have changed since then as technology has), with examples from 9/Tenths and more specifically Graduation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks