What's new

Planet X is coming! 2/3 of us are Doomed (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
You'd think that at least one independent or amateur astronomer would have discovered this thing by now (if it's big enough to stop the world from turning "for a few days", it must be visible from pretty far away)...

/Mike

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Planet X...isn't that the planet from Godzilla vs Monster Zero. :D Sorry guys, couldn't let that one pass.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
What Jack said
When X passes in the spring of 2003, Earth's rotation will pause for a few days. This will result in massive earthchanges and a shifting of the poles.
Any reasonably intelligent person who took even 1/2 hour researching the facts about physics and astronomy should realize just how bogus the above statement is.
The idea that a "planet X" is sweeping toward the inner solar system with only the tin-hat types noticing is unbelievably foolish. For a start there are 1,000s of amateur astronomers (the people who routinely discover new comets as faint smudges in the darkness months or years before they become visible to the naked eye) would surely have seen this planet by now... unless they are ALL part of The Conspiracy.... hmmmm....

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe people from Planet X are the true killers of president Kennedy. You can never know for sure.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
Here's a good, scientific, site about hypothetical planets:
http://www.seds.org/nineplanets/nineplanets/hypo.html
The bad news is that even if X doesn't kill us, we still have to worry about Vulcan, Neith, Earth's second moon, and the sun's companion star, Nemesis.
There is another Sun in the sky, a Demon Sun we cannot see. Long ago, even before great grandmother's time, the Demon Sun attacked our Sun. Comets fell, and a terrible winter overtook the Earth. Almost all life was destroyed. The Demon Sun has attacked many times before. It will attack again.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Planet X, eh?? Would that be the source of Chemical X?? You know, the substance that helped create the Powerpuff Girls?? Hmm, it all makes sense now...
:laugh:

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Those Demon Suns, you just can't trust them you know. One of them tried to sell me a dodgy Episode 2 T-Shirt the other day even!

What Jack Said. They aren't even trying to make this sound plausible. What possible reason do they have for stopping Earth's rotation for a few days, and what the f___ are 'Earthchanges' when they are at home?

Julie K

Screenwriter
Oh not this BS again. "Earthchanges" - what is that? Planetary menopause or something?
If you want to see what the risks truly facing the planet are, then go Link Removed. Funny how the main item of interest is a small asteroid that may pass very close in about 800 years (although future observations will no doubt refine the orbit and remove the impact possibility) and not a giant planet careening towards us in 2003. Oh, I know, it's all part of the conspiracy :rolleyes

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Amen to that Julie! I'm far more concerned about another Tunguska incident than the so-called Planet X.
However, the existence of Planet X would help explain phenomenon such as the mullet, Jerry Lewis, global warming, etc. ;)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I seem to remember Daffy Duck, Porky Pig and Marvin Martian blowing up Planet X a number of years ago. And in Technicolor, no less. ;)

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
Peter, I thought that was where the little guy with the big gun lived. :) You know, the one without the face. No...wait, that's it. It was all a ruse(sp?). WB has been in on it all the time. That is the resion for there DVD's being like they are. :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
What Jack Said. They aren't even trying to make this sound plausible. What possible reason do they have for stopping Earth's rotation for a few days
Dude, you obviously didn't see Superman: The Movie, where the caped wonder not only stopped the earth's rotation, but reversed it, thus reversing TIME ITSELF! :eek::eek::eek:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Julie: "Planetary menopause"--you have no idea how loudly I laughed when I read that. With your permission, I'd love to use that line whenever it suits my interests or assignments.
Man, I wanted to have something clever to say, but that "menopause" line derailed me.
Here is a brief, helpful list of New Age buzz phrases that should put your bullshit detectors on red alert:
* earth vibrations
* cosmic forces (also, ether)
* earth forces
* earth energy
Sorry. Can't go on. Stomach turning.
But people who post this sort of nonsense cannot even begin to understand the law of angular momentum. Nor do they comprehend the sheer low-IQness of daring to suggest that Earth's rotation will somehow be stopped for a period of days. (Especially with there being no days any longer! :))
I was once an active amateur astronomer, equipped with a six-inch F/8 Newtonian-style reflecting 'scope. My interest in the field remains unabated. The real thing is sooo breathtakingly marvelous and dazzling. It is so frustrating to live in an era of mass scientific illiteracy when so many, many groundbreaking discoveries are being made.
Then this kind of garbage gets the people's attention.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Jack,

You forgot one of my favorites - "energy vortex"

True story - according to a very strange looking woman I overheard in Sedona there are spots on this planet where the "natural energy is focused". She went on to explain to several listeners how there are several of these spots just outside Sedona in the desert. When asked what the effects of the vortices were, she commented on how it can have a very powerful effect on some people. My guess is that she possessed maps of these locations that she was willing to share... for a price.

Maybe Planet X needs to spend some time in the desert outside of Sedona so it can shed some of its negative energies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks