What's new

Pipe Dreaming? (1 Viewer)

Brooks H

Auditioning
Looking to upgrade the DVD player in our home theater. Are there any good quality 5/6 disc DVD changers that support SACD (or DVD-A)? Will also be used to play music so good audio quality is a must. I've looked around and haven't found any that I like and am considering a single DVD player and a separate CD changer. Any opinions?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I think the Kenwood 6050 is a DVD-A and a 5 disc. Just remember, 5 disc DVD players are not automatic changers like their CD counterparts. When disc one is finished you have to change to disc two yourself. This is why I have kept my CD changer hooked up so I can still listen to hours of un-interupted music if I choose. Gene

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
After re-reading your post, I realized you said "good quality". While Kenwood is good, you may be expecting more. I don't think the "real good" universal players are offered in 5 disc yet like Denon, Marantz, Yamaha ETC. so maybe one of their single disc players (the Marantz 8300, Denon 2900) and a decent CD changer may be the way to go. I'm waiting for Pioneer to come out with a 5 disc version of their 563 player but I'm a cheap #$%&^%$#. Anyway, have fun! Gene

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
"I'm waiting for Pioneer to come out with a 5 disc version of their 563 player but I'm a cheap #$%&^%$#. Anyway, have fun!"

Sums it all up for me ;)

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
I have a Yamaha CX1 DVD changer, which you can now find for about 5 bills or less. It has great PQ with its Faroudja processing, great 2 ch. audio with its Burr-Brown DAC's, supports DVD-A, and weighs 23 lbs., so very well-built. Originally retailed for around $1K. Been extremely happy with mine since July. Have never really listened to the DVD-A on it, though, as the Elite DV45A has those duties.

Others to consider:

-Marantz VC5400
-Denon 2815

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks