What's new

pioneer elite dvd player ?????? (1 Viewer)

Frank joe

Stunt Coordinator
Pioneer Elite DV 09. This DVD player originally retialed for an astounding $2,200.00!! Weighing in at over 34 puonds.
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD PLAYER? I CAN PROBALLY GET IT FOR UNDER 500$. SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT PIONEER USED SOME OF THE SAME MECHANISM AS KRELL?????
I DONT HAVE A HD TV SO PROGRESSIVE SCAN IS NOT IMPORTANT . IF I DONT BUY THIS WHAT SHOULD I LOOK AT. I CONSIDERED THE MARANTZ VS5200 BUT THAT GOT TERRIBLE REVIEWS HELP???????? FRANK

Gary SI

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Frank,
In a word , Yes !! :emoji_thumbsup:
I have owned my DV-09 since 1998 and it is a rock !!
Please see my thread "Attn. DV-09 upgrade"
If you get the unit , you won`t be dissapionted. It was the first dvd player in the "Elite" line and I do belive that Krell uses the same or very close to the 3 chamber 4 box design.
But get the upgrade, there again please read my post!!
In case your not familafamilarthe Elite line , they are the best Pioneer has to offer comsumers. They have a Urushi (gloss black) finish with simulated Rosewood side panels.
There are a few disc`s that give it a hard time , but after the upgrade you should be A-OK.
Is it a new unit ? If so , grab-it , and order the part from Pioneer Parts tel# 1-800-228-7221 Part# V Y W 1932.
and have the chip installed by a tech who is familiar with the unit.
If you can`t find a tech in your area , you could send it to United Radio out of Siracus (spl ?) NY
Even if you didn`t watch dvd`s the player beats the PD-65 , and that was a hard thing to do.
I actully traded in my PD-65 for the DV-09 and the audio alone is worth 500 (msrp on PD-65 , $800 , on longer in production )
So , best of luck and post what you do !! I`m trying to breath new life into the folks who have this player and think that it`s out-dated. IMO-- no way , get the upgrade and see :)
Take care ;)
Gary

Frank joe

Stunt Coordinator
thanks gary but what upgrade? and no the player is not new, i am getting it used ( under 500$) so where do i read about the upgrade? frank

Gary SI

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Frank,
Reply is on the "Attn: upgrade... " thread :)
Unfortunatly there is no info about the upgrade, you will not notice the upgrade , but you might notice not getting it.
The player first came out in the spring of 98 and at 2K not alot of people bought them.
DVD`s were only about a year old and it did carry a hefty price tag.
The sofware upgrade is realy a harware IC , some other ( newer players can be upgraded by software , by playing an upgrade disc-set, but a tech still has to do that because after any upgrade the micro-p needs to reboot and the upgrade needs to be verified). Let me know how you make out !!
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks