What's new

Pink Floyd: The Wall 25th Anniversary Edition (1 Viewer)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Real, real stupid question here but please be gentle. I just picked up "The Wall: 25th Anniversary Edition" today along with the "Pulse" DVD and CD. My question is this: How the h*ll do you get the disc out of "The Wall" DVD case? I took off the wrapper and tags but cannot get the clear slipsleeve off to get to the disc. Is there a trick to it here? Since I'm very anal about the condition of my slipsleeves and cases I'm afraid to mess with this too much out of fear of tearing or cracking the clear slipsleeve.

Thanks!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Did you get the 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition of The Wall at Circuit City as part of their "buy the Pulse CD and DVD and get The Wall free" deal this week? They gave me a copy of the older DVD which I already had. I was hoping it would be the newer 25th Anniversary Edition that was free but not at this particular location (San Bernardino, CA).

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

Yes it was the CC promo but I went to Best Buy and to my surprise they did the price match on it and I got the 25th Anniversay Edition. The only version they had on the shelves. Since there was no picture in the CC ad I guess BB didn't pay any attention. Now if I can just figure out how to open the darn "Wall" case!

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Bob, You have to push the inner cardboard case through the outer clear plastic cover. Either top or bottom, choose the path of least resistance. It takes some work but it can be done.

It really is a effed-up design isn't it?

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

Tell me about it. After about an hour and a half and really trying not the mess up the case I finally got it out. Seemd that the spine was semi-attached to the slipsleeve. After I ran a thin coffee stirrer (like from WaWa, 7-Eleven, etc.) I was able to free it from the sleeve. I still have to shake it furiously to get it out enough to grab it but know I can enjoy it. Thanks for the response to this annoying but solved problem.

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius
Yeah, I have had that problem too, where the slip case is partially 'glued' to the box in side and it won't come out.., I was so pi**ed at this, I worked it too hard and tore the case ...then destroyed the case ...and then had to put the entire disc and artwork into another blank case... %$^#$% !!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

But isn't the 25th A version the exact same disc as the old DVD in a new sleave? Same transfer, same extras, all that?

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Looks to be with the exception of the packaging:

Product Description
Track List:
1.Original film presented in high-definition widescreen and mixed in 5.1 surround sound
2."The Other Side Of The Wall" - a 25 minute documentary about the making of the film
3."Retrospective" - an exclusive 45 minute retrospective documentary of interviews with Roger Waters, Alan Parker, Gerald Scarfe, Peter Biziou, Alan Marshall and James Guthrie 4.Original film trailer and production stills

In celebration of the quarter-century anniversary, Columbia Records is releasing a special limited edition DVD of this landmark film. Packaged in a deluxe DVD digi-pak designed to look like The Wall with debossed brick work and a clear O-card, this stunning release features a photo montage of film shots and a fold-out reproduction of the original film promotional poster. All the artwork and design for this lavish packaging has been coordinated by original Pink Floyd designers Peter Curzon and Storm Thorgerson.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
If we had waited much longer for Pulse, it could also have been the 25th anniversary edition.

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
Both editions of The Wall are the same outside of the packaging. The newer one is a cardboard thin slipcase and is also rated R. The older one is a standard case and its not rated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks