Person of Interest Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Sep 24, 2013.

1. stevelecher

stevelecher Supporting Actor

steve
    Great post Walter. I agree with you. Especially in season one, I was breathless with the execution of wonderfully written stories. This year, I'm still watching. I like the original characters and I'm hoping for better, not hating what I'm seeing but kind of feeling ho-hum about the shows too. It's time to end the HR story.

It's a very fine line where great, humorous lines of dialog can turn over to camp. They treaded than line wonderfully last year and are crossing it somewhat now.

It's hard to maintain the kind of quality the show started with. I've got more time to see how it goes from here.

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    After further flushing out Root and Shaw, the writers of this series has to show its core audience the need for these additional characters. They need to up the multiple threat scenario to the machine as well as to Harold and Reese.

3. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Get rid of HR?

Nah. One of the best subtle(with a ton a bricks eventually) stories on TV in ages.

I liken this HR story line to "stole the Presidency" in Scandal. The entire time the secret meetings meant something. Then, there it was. Where did that story go?

Scandal has lost me jumping ship to B6-13. They can't just get rid of HR here.

4. jcroy

jcroy Screenwriter

jr
    I felt this way too, but further back in season 2.

I didn't really watch season 1 in its original first-run broadcast. I started watching PoI sometime during the first part of season 2. I was randomly channel surfing and noticed Michael Emerson was on the show, which sorta kept my attention at first. (I remember Emerson previously in LOST). Though at the time in early season 2, I thought the episodes were rather bland and generic.

Around that time I also found the season 1 bluray set heavily discounted (circa black friday last year), which I then watched through over a weekend. I liked season 1 a lot more than the then-current season 2 episodes I was previously watching. In comparison, season 2 seemed a lot "brighter" and more "relaxed" than season 1. (For lack of a better description).

Except for the episodes with Shahi, Acker, and Parrise, I thought the rest of season 2 seemed like a generic procedural show.

In the case of season 3, so far I've found the first several episodes kinda on the generic side with the same "brightness" and "relaxedness" as season 2, except for the parts with Acker.

5. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

My wife was concerned about the larger "group". But, after watching the episode with 3 of the women going undercover. She was impressed with it. She felt they all bring a little something different to the show. They all seem to work together well. Plus, we loved the part at the club where the women are enjoying their drinks. While poor Fusco is stuck enjoying his $5 soda....also he kept flirting with the women around him. :)

6. jcroy

jcroy Screenwriter

jr
    Fusco seems to be used as the "comic relief" guy after season 1.

7. jcroy

jcroy Screenwriter

jr
  8. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Fantastic. This-show-freakin-rocks

David Weicker and schan1269 like this.
  9. Robert Crawford

Robert
    A great episode! I was expecting the back story on Shaw and the upcoming episode too. That little girl was great, she reminded me of a young Dakota Fanning. Hopefully, this will help quiet some of this forum's criticism about this show.

10. jcroy

jcroy Screenwriter

jr
    It appears the writers are attempting to slowly "humanize" Shaw.

11. Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell Supporting Actor

Steve
    Shaw and Root need to be bunkmates in some high-walled institution.

12. jcroy

jcroy Screenwriter

jr
    The scene with Carter turning the tables and "owning" the rookie cop in the cop bar, was like a defining moment for her.

13. Robert Crawford

Robert
    It should be interesting next week.

14. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Thoroughly enjoyed that episode.

"No, you did."

15. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

This show does what most other procedurals don't....Keeps you guessing. Sometimes I never know who the bad guy is until the last reveal. Not many shows are capable of that. This was a similar example. You figured the rookie cop would just keep being the mole. But, instead you see that from the very beginning Carter and the others knew he was a rat.

16. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Best show of the season by far. Only marred by that last second Root reveal with the simpering Amy Acker voice.

17. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Man, you have to get over your Acker hatred.

Cameron Yee likes this.
  18. NeilO

NeilO Producer

"To be honest, I'm only in it for the dog." - a great line from the episode.

19. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Absolutely. I expected a typical story where Carter trusted him and slowly gave him info over the course of a number of episodes until it got to a point where he could cause a serious problem for the good guys. Instead, they made a really cool move by having her blackmail him which completely surprised me.

NeilO likes this.
  20. stevelecher

stevelecher Supporting Actor

steve
    Agree with many of you. This was a very entertaining and exciting episode with a couple surprising, "Wow, that was great," moments. I liked the Root, surprising Shaw, moment at the end and I loved Carter turning the tables on her rookie partner. I knew when they had the scene with them talking about that gun, that it would come in to play, but I thought he would be framing her somehow, not that she would turn it on him.The over the top moment though, and there weren't many in season one, was Shaw giving herself a blood transfusion. C'mon man! Doesn't do that much good if the damage isn't repaired. Still entertaining though and the young girl was excellent. I hope next week isn't too reminiscent of the Root kidnapping Finch episodes.jcroy said this was a defining moment for Carter but couldn't it be said that the night she rescued Elias was one too? That was all on her without Reese doing the dirty work.