What's new

Person of Interest Season 3 (1 Viewer)

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Great post Walter. I agree with you. Especially in season one, I was breathless with the execution of wonderfully written stories. This year, I'm still watching. I like the original characters and I'm hoping for better, not hating what I'm seeing but kind of feeling ho-hum about the shows too. It's time to end the HR story.

It's a very fine line where great, humorous lines of dialog can turn over to camp. They treaded than line wonderfully last year and are crossing it somewhat now.

It's hard to maintain the kind of quality the show started with. I've got more time to see how it goes from here.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Walter Kittel said:
I'm sure I'll enjoy that episode. I don't mind the case of the week episodes but the real meat and potatoes of the show, for me, has been the arcs (and sometimes how they tie into the case of the week.)

- Walter.
After further flushing out Root and Shaw, the writers of this series has to show its core audience the need for these additional characters. They need to up the multiple threat scenario to the machine as well as to Harold and Reese.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Get rid of HR?

Nah. One of the best subtle(with a ton a bricks eventually) stories on TV in ages.

I liken this HR story line to "stole the Presidency" in Scandal. The entire time the secret meetings meant something. Then, there it was. Where did that story go?

Scandal has lost me jumping ship to B6-13. They can't just get rid of HR here.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Walter Kittel said:
I've been very slowly loosing interest in the show this season. I don't think it is Shaw so much as I just feel like the writing hasn't been as effective this season. The tone of the series feels off; it has kind of lost the dark realism that informed seasons one and two and it (to me) feels a little too camp or melodramatic at times this year. It isn't a drastic change as the basic situations are the same, but the execution feels subtly altered and not in a good way.
I felt this way too, but further back in season 2.

I didn't really watch season 1 in its original first-run broadcast. I started watching PoI sometime during the first part of season 2. I was randomly channel surfing and noticed Michael Emerson was on the show, which sorta kept my attention at first. (I remember Emerson previously in LOST). Though at the time in early season 2, I thought the episodes were rather bland and generic.

Around that time I also found the season 1 bluray set heavily discounted (circa black friday last year), which I then watched through over a weekend. I liked season 1 a lot more than the then-current season 2 episodes I was previously watching. In comparison, season 2 seemed a lot "brighter" and more "relaxed" than season 1. (For lack of a better description).

Except for the episodes with Shahi, Acker, and Parrise, I thought the rest of season 2 seemed like a generic procedural show.

In the case of season 3, so far I've found the first several episodes kinda on the generic side with the same "brightness" and "relaxedness" as season 2, except for the parts with Acker.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My wife was concerned about the larger "group". But, after watching the episode with 3 of the women going undercover. She was impressed with it. She felt they all bring a little something different to the show. They all seem to work together well. Plus, we loved the part at the club where the women are enjoying their drinks. While poor Fusco is stuck enjoying his $5 soda....also he kept flirting with the women around him. :)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Fusco seems to be used as the "comic relief" guy after season 1.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sean Bryan said:
Fantastic.This-show-freakin-rocks
A great episode! I was expecting the back story on Shaw and the upcoming episode too. That little girl was great, she reminded me of a young Dakota Fanning. Hopefully, this will help quiet some of this forum's criticism about this show.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
It appears the writers are attempting to slowly "humanize" Shaw.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The scene with Carter turning the tables and "owning" the rookie cop in the cop bar, was like a defining moment for her.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
jcroy said:
The scene with Carter turning the tables and "owning" the rookie cop in the cop bar, was like a defining moment for her.
This show does what most other procedurals don't....Keeps you guessing. Sometimes I never know who the bad guy is until the last reveal. Not many shows are capable of that. This was a similar example. You figured the rookie cop would just keep being the mole. But, instead you see that from the very beginning Carter and the others knew he was a rat.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Best show of the season by far. Only marred by that last second Root reveal with the simpering Amy Acker voice.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
todd s said:
You figured the rookie cop would just keep being the mole.
Absolutely. I expected a typical story where Carter trusted him and slowly gave him info over the course of a number of episodes until it got to a point where he could cause a serious problem for the good guys. Instead, they made a really cool move by having her blackmail him which completely surprised me.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Agree with many of you. This was a very entertaining and exciting episode with a couple surprising, "Wow, that was great," moments. I liked the Root, surprising Shaw, moment at the end and I loved Carter turning the tables on her rookie partner. I knew when they had the scene with them talking about that gun, that it would come in to play, but I thought he would be framing her somehow, not that she would turn it on him.The over the top moment though, and there weren't many in season one, was Shaw giving herself a blood transfusion. C'mon man! Doesn't do that much good if the damage isn't repaired. Still entertaining though and the young girl was excellent. I hope next week isn't too reminiscent of the Root kidnapping Finch episodes.jcroy said this was a defining moment for Carter but couldn't it be said that the night she rescued Elias was one too? That was all on her without Reese doing the dirty work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks