What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Person of Interest - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by ScottH /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/180#post_3927479

He had plenty of time to at least go down the ladder with her and at that point he didn't know exactly how far behind they were.

I would think most people in that situation would have wanted to stay as close to badass man in suit as possible. I know I would.

Well, we just have to disagree about the time.

Not me brother, I want to get the hell out of Dodge as soon as possible.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
One thing that did bother me is why a 5M contract to hit her?  For a nonfamous person without a security detail that seems like a lot of money for a simple murder for hire which was another red flag that went up the pole for me.
Root knew that Finch and Reese intervene on behalf of people in trouble, but she didn't know about the Machine. The PoI that put them on her radar was a man framed for murder on behalf of powerful figures in the federal government. She couldn't be sure a routine hit would be enough to raise a red flag for Reese and Finch. Big money buys an entire organization's efforts rather than a lone gunman, and both cause bigger ripples than a lone gunman. Her purpose was raising attention. So while that also provides a red flag for the audience, it makes perfect sense within the bounds of the story.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/180#post_3927482

Well, we just have to disagree about the time.

Not me brother, I want to get the hell out of Dodge as soon as possible.

It's all good. I'm glad it worked for you. For me, it was a cheap way for the writers to separate Reese and the woman. Made absolutely no sense to me when it happened. More power to you if you were able to to overlook it or didn't even think about it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/180#post_3927494
Root knew that Finch and Reese intervene on behalf of people in trouble, but she didn't know about the Machine. The PoI that put them on her radar was a man framed for murder on behalf of powerful figures in the federal government. She couldn't be sure a routine hit would be enough to raise a red flag for Reese and Finch. Big money buys an entire organization's efforts rather than a lone gunman, and both cause bigger ripples than a lone gunman. Her purpose was raising attention. So while that also provides a red flag for the audience, it makes perfect sense within the bounds of the story.
It still doesn't make sense to me within the bounds of the story, but I'm not going keep yapping about it.

Crawdaddy

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm just glad it wasn't full of exploding buildings like so many other finales this week.
NCIS, NCIS LA, Criminal Minds and who knows how many I didn't see. Got pretty repetitive.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by ScottH /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/180#post_3927479

He had plenty of time to at least go down the ladder with her and at that point he didn't know exactly how far behind they were.

I would think most people in that situation would have wanted to stay as close to badass man in suit as possible. I know I would.

I just replayed that scene again on my DVR and he did know how far behind they were as you can hear the HR men voices as she was preparing to go down that ladder and as soon as he exited the room with the escape route, HR guys started firing at him.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/180#post_3927556

I just replayed that scene again on my DVR and he did know how far behind they were as you can hear the HR men voices as she was preparing to go down that ladder and as soon as he exited the room with the escape route, HR guys started firing at him.

Wouldn't it have been much easier to go down the ladder and fend them off as they tried to get down the ladder?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by ScottH /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/180#post_3927560

Wouldn't it have been much easier to go down the ladder and fend them off as they tried to get down the ladder?
In a tunnel in which there might not be much cover. Anyhow, I made my point about the timing.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by ScottH /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/180#post_3927560

One grenade and it's over (who knows what they are packing). The first time Reese reloads, it's over, due to a (supposed) lack of cover.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Great finale, and the last few episodes have been some of the best of the season. This is one of the few shows that I watch as near to real time as I can. I can't wait to see where they take it next year. I also hope that this is one they opt to release on Blu-ray.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/180#post_3927623
Great finale, and the last few episodes have been some of the best of the season. This is one of the few shows that I watch as near to real time as I can. I can't wait to see where they take it next year. I also hope that this is one they opt to release on Blu-ray.

I second that. I would love to see this released in high definition.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's a Warner Bros title, so it has a better shot than if it were based at most other studios. Neither "Chuck" nor "Fringe" can claim any where near "Person of Interest's" ratings, and they're both out in Blu from Warners.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/210#post_3927657
It's a Warner Bros title, so it has a better shot than if it were based at most other studios. Neither "Chuck" nor "Fringe" can claim any where near "Person of Interest's" ratings, and they're both out in Blu from Warners.

Good point. Keeping my fingers crossed for this one on Blu.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
ScottH said:
One problem I had was why did Reese have to stay behind for the shootout with HR?  Why couldn't he go with the "doctor" to meet Finch?  Seemed like a major writing cheat to me and distracted me from the rest of the episode.  Overall I enjoyed it though.
Also, I was surprised to see on here that it was the season finale.  My recording actually said "Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode" but the recording cut out before I got to see if they showed any.
There was no "Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode" message at the end of this. I don't know where your recording came from.
This was a very well written series this year. The best thing I've seen on network TV since season five of 24.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
My recording had the Stay tuned bit so must be different in some areas
Great episode by the way - will certainly be watching next season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Simon Massey said:
My recording had the Stay tuned bit so must be different in some areas
CBS always has the title card where the "Stay tuned..." voiceover is played at the end of each episode, but when there's no new episode the following week, there's just a little musical interlude and no voiceover. That's how it was on the finale.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/210#post_3927877
CBS always has the title card where the "Stay tuned..." voiceover is played at the end of each episode, but when there's no new episode the following week, there's just a little musical interlude and no voiceover. That's how it was on the finale.

Not for everyone.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I think the local affiliates handle the credits and any "stay-tuned" messages. The monkeys in the control room up here can barely handle changing from an American feed to a local, Calgary feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks