What's new
World Wide Stereo

PC TO TV vga - hdmi only.. (1 Viewer)

caraudionut

Auditioning
Real Name
john
Ok so since when do people sell plasma tvs now without vga . So I bought a new tv without vga by accident the other day , It only has hdmi hookups . Thats it. So I take it since my laptop only has vga that I need to buy a vga to hdmi converter. They are about $100.00 . Meaning I could have spent $100 more on a better tv that has vga built in.. Ive also seen these vga to rca video converter boxes, are these any good? They have good reviews for the picture quality and all. They are around $30.00 Or does anyone know anything about TV-OUT ? If your vga can handle tv-out you can buy a vga stright to rca cable, no converter needed $5.00 My vga video card is a " ATI Radeon™ Xpress 200M " Some info on my vga card is
  • Dual independent displays: CRT/LCD, TV/LCD
  • Support for DDCI and DDC2B+ for plug and play monitors
  • Support for flat panel displays via DVI
  • 8-bit alpha blending of graphics and video overlay
TV Out
  • Integrated TV encoder with an on-chip DAC (simultaneous output for TV and""""" CRT is not supported) """" (whats that mean?)
  • Support for Macrovision 7.1 copy protection standard
  • 1024x768 32bpp support
  • CGMS-A DVD copy management support in VBI
Ps: I might be on the wrong forum for this question but if anyone can give me info It would be great! Thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

dguard

Grip
Real Name
David
The digital video portion of a DVI connection is the same as the video portion of an HDMI connection. HDMI to DVI cables are readily available at most video stores (see here). For reasonable lengthed runs (less that 30'), taking the DVI output from your video card into your TV should produce the best picture.

Given your TV supports RGB, your second best option, and best option for long runs, is using the VGA to RGB type cable (with three RCA type plugs) you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks