What's new

paridigm phantom towers (1 Viewer)

Alton.M

Agent
I,m upgrading my mains, I was wondering, If paridigm phantoms are a good choice? I'm trying to stay paridigm, but wondering if I should get the phantoms, the focus, or the titans. please give me some suggestions.

CaseyLS

Second Unit
Right now I have the Phantoms and I really like them. I am running them with a Marantz Sr4200. They were well worth the cash.

Alton.M

Agent
Right now I,m running some cin 90's from paradigm. I'm looking to replace my mains, and center first,then I'll replace my surrounds.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
heh I just got a pair of Micros to replace my cinema 70 surrounds. dunno about phantoms - I'm using Atoms in front and they are brilliant.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
What is your budget and what kind of cost are you looking at for the Phantoms?

If you like Paradigm I would think a set of Mini Monitors and CC 370 might be close to the same Price as the Phantoms and CC270. The center with the Monitor series Is MUCH better and if you have a sub you won't miss anything Bass wise .

I had atom Rears and they were OK. I bought some Mini Montitors to put in the rear and hooked them up front for a few days to break them in. I was very impressed. i thought they were 90% as good as my Monitor 7s when crossed over at 80 HZ with a sub.

If you really like floor standers for whatever reason think about maybe a used Monitor 7 steup.

Don't think I am bagging on the Phantoms. BUT I think that when you get to the top of each Paridigm line you are better to spend the same money moving up to the next series. Example I'd rrather have bottom of Monitor series than top of Performance rather have lower in studio series than Monitor 11s. That is just me though. I will say I was not nearly as impressed with Phantom vs the speakers at that price as I was with Atom vs speakers at their price.

Alton.M

Agent
I,m going to replace the center first, then the mains at the first of the year.my price range is about$750.00 for both. my sub is a SVS 20-39:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I agree with JamieS's opinion on speakers. You really should give the Monitor series a listen before you purchase the Phantoms. I have had my Monitor series speakers for over 5 years and have been very pleased.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Both series are stellar performers, and depending on your needs, you'll probably get better long-term satisfaction by moving up to the monitor series. Mini-monitors are just $350 (i have a pair, along with titans) and they are stunning for the price. Where the phantoms might be a better choice is if you had no sub, or for some reason you REALLY like floorstanders. Other than that, the even better sound than the performance series is well-worth it. Take a listen.

And since i just noticed that you have an SVS, then obviously you don't need that extra bass. I'm running mini-monitors (soon to be upgraded) with an SVS PCi 2039. Sounds great! :emoji_thumbsup:

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I just looked on Audiogon. A pair of New Minis (in box) and New CC 370 $570 US. (I have nothing to do with the sale of these;) ) That would leave you some $ for styands and wire. Or amybe a Pari of used studio 20s and a CC Center would run you about $700 on Audiogon.

Either one of these (especially the studios) would BLOW AWAY the pahntoms and with your SVS would be a really nice setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks