What's new

Paramount to release "Hondo" on Blu-ray in June - No 3D? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Bob Furmanek

HONDO was conceived and photographed for 3-D, widescreen and color. We now have the capability of seeing it that way for the first time since the original theatrical release.
Why settle for anything less?
Bob

Because it is my monies to spend as I wish and until it's released in 3-D, it's the best I'm going to see it. Again, I can understand if others feel differently and they can do as they wish.

Crawdaddy

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I am a fan of this movie as well. It is disappointing that it is not in 3D; but I have yet to hear that it is a significant upgrade over the DVD. I'll wait for reviews.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Since I don't have 3-D equipment, i'll go ahead and get Hondo unless it gets bad reviews. But, I do agree that it should be released in 3-D for those who have the ability to watch it that way.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
So I'm guessing Original Aspect Ratio is no longer a consideration? I remember the HTF war with the studios to stop MAR releases back in the early '00's. Ahh, memories. :)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Peter Apruzzese

So I'm guessing Original Aspect Ratio is no longer a consideration?

Is there an official statement somewhere that I'm failing to see? So far all I've seen is the title and the date. I've yet to see any specs for the release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway

Is there an official statement somewhere that I'm failing to see? So far all I've seen is the title and the date. I've yet to see any specs for the release.

Nothing yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks