What's new

Paramount or ? Robinson Crusoe on Mars (1 Viewer)

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
Paramount or whichever studio holds the rights to "Robinson Crusoe on Mars", please consider releasing it on DVD.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Martin Blythe has been a superlative communicator for HTF, but for whatever reason I don't believe he has responded to any of the many ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS threads. Paramount does own this film, and why it has been so reluctant to release it to video (except through Criterion on Laser Disc) remains an unanswered question of great magnitude.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'd buy a copy. I saw this on television years and years ago. It was on at 2:00 in the morning. My late father let me stay up to watch it with him. Of course, I could barely hold my eyes open. Fond memories...

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
I saw this on television years and years ago. It was on at 2:00 in the morning. My late father let me stay up to watch it with him. Of course, I could barely hold my eyes open.
It was just on this (Sunday) morning on AMC (I believe) from 2:45 a.m. on.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
It is odd considering their releases of "The War of The Worlds" & "When Worlds Collide". Perhaps they don't consider it well known enough.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
This worthy title came up in a thread here only a few months ago. But the film deserves yet another stab at getting the studio's attention via the largest DVD-advocacy community on the Internet. According to Paramount, this film simply has not been considered yet. We gratefully submit that it would be an economically sound move to commit this title to DVD. Robinson Crusoe on Mars has a built-in following among SF fans. It's a wonderful, goofily sentimental title that, after all these years, is capable of exciting the sense of wonder in a way that few so-called SF films do these days.

Please give this title consideration. There are thousands who would love to own the film on DVD.

Thank you, Terry, for starting this thread.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, as I noted in that thread, at least Paramount (and Mr. Blythe) know there's a desire on our part to see this lovely little movie committed to DVD. Man, I want to see "Mars Gravity Probe 1" in all its glory on DVD. And those reworked manta ray-shaped ships lifted from War of the Worlds. Mona the monkey. All of it.

What a charming film.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
All one has to do to see the desire of some fans of this film is to check out the auction prices on eBay! At times the final winning bid for the Criterion LD has approached if not exceeded $200. I count myself as VERY lucky to own one of the Criterion LDs!:D

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
Decided to bump this up again, hopefully Paramount is putting this on the burner for a release, maybe when the new "War of the Worlds" film comes out. I still am hoping that it will get released on the dvd format.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Do not give up on this title. Paramount is rumored to be stepping up on thier catalogue titles. With War of the Worlds remake coming they may release some of the older Sci-Fi titles like Crack In The World, Project X, Phase IV, etc.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
>>I'd buy "Crack In The World" & "Phase IV" in a NY minute. And , of course, "Robinson Crusoe on Mars"

---

My sentiments, also-a NY minute!

Benn

Stunt Coordinator
I've still got money in the budget and hoping for the following from Paramount:

ENCHANTED APRIL (1992)

SOME KIND OF HERO (1982)

THE STERILE CUCKOO (1969)

THE RAIN MAKER (1956)

It never surprises me that the films I like aren't in many people's Top 50 list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks